Following is a delicious Homemade Cracker Jack Popcorn Recipe and guest post
by Alison at Pint Sized Treasures… enjoy!!
Homemade Cracker Jack Popcorn Recipe
- 2½ cups white sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons pancake syrup
- 1 cup shelled peanuts, unsalted
- ½ tsp. salt
- 16 cups popped popcorn, unpopped seeds removed
- In small saucepan, combine salt, sugar and butter.
- Cook on medium-high heat and stir constantly for approx. 5 minutes.
- Then, add pancake syrup and continue to cook.
- If sugar begins to burn, turn down heat and add some cooking oil or additional butter.
- Keep stirring and cooking until mixture becomes sticky and caramelized; approximately 15 minutes.
- Once it has reached the caramel state, remove from heat and stir in peanuts.
- Let mixture stand for about 5 minutes.
- Then, pour over popped popcorn and mix thoroughly. Enjoy!
Have you ever made Homemade Cracker Jack Popcorn before?
Or do you have fun childhood memories from munching on Cracker Jacks?
Leave a comment & share!