Following is a delicious Homemade Cracker Jack Popcorn Recipe and guest post
by Alison at Pint Sized Treasures… enjoy!!
Don’t forget the added bonus of a mystery surprise toy inside the box. Now you can pass on these nostalgic memories with your kiddos using this recipe that tastes even better than Cracker Jack!
Homemade Cracker Jack Popcorn Recipe
- 2½ cups White Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- 3 tablespoons Pancake Syrup
- 1 cup Shelled Peanuts, unsalted
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 16 cups Popped Popcorn, unpopped seeds removed
- In small saucepan, combine salt, sugar and butter.
- Cook on medium-high heat and stir constantly for approx. 5 minutes.
- Then, add pancake syrup and continue to cook.
- If sugar begins to burn, turn down heat and add some cooking oil or additional butter.
- Keep stirring and cooking until mixture becomes sticky and caramelized; approximately 15 minutes.
- Once it has reached the caramel state, remove from heat and stir in peanuts.
- Let mixture stand for about 5 minutes.
- Then, pour over popped popcorn and mix thoroughly. Enjoy!
“Alison is a mom to six kids, missionary in Cambodia, freelance writer and blogs at PintSizedTreasures.com. You can follow her on Twitter, Pinterest and Google+. Be sure to also check out this Milk Dud Popcorn!
I have even more yummy snack recipes to share with you…
Give your popcorn a crazy delicious makeover with this easy Peppermint Popcorn Bark Recipe! It’s perfect for Christmas movie nights, or a fun party snack during the holidays!
I can’t get enough of these yummy Garlic Parmesan Kale Chips! Healthy, Easy, and SO delicious!
Satisfy your snack attack in style with this savory Parmesan Ranch flavored Crock Pot Chex Mix Recipe!
It’s super easy to mix up and perfect for toting along to work, packing in school lunches, or keeping the kids happy while munching on all the fun colors, flavors, and textures!
We all know groceries can be expensive… and pre-packaged snack sized goodies are no exception. So here is How I Save Money on Snacks for the Kids
Have you ever made Homemade Cracker Jack Popcorn before?
Or do you have fun childhood memories from munching on Cracker Jacks?
Leave a comment & share!