Following is a guest post by Veronica at MorningNooNight… enjoy!!
I’ve been lucky enough to grow up near a Dairy Queen most of my life.
The local lunch hang out during my entire High School career was Dairy Queen.
I would always order the same thing… A chicken strip basket and a Blizzard or… a Buster Bar. (Totally calorie free if you were wondering).
I thought of an ingenious way to make them at home (sans chocolate coating because that just sounded like a mess. So if that’s up your ally…. more power to ya).
And next time I would probably use Dixie cups and not Styrofoam because peeling them off was kind of a pain.
Honestly though, the sweet and melty vanilla ice cream, mixed with the gooey hot fudge and salty peanuts make it all kind of worth it.
Plus the flavor combinations are endless… How about throwing some Peanut Butter in the middle of these guys!? YUM!
- (makes 6 using 8-oz cups)
- 1 quart of your favorite vanilla ice cream
- 1 jar hot fudge topping
- salted peanuts
- 8 oz Styrofoam or Dixie Cups
- Plastic spoons
- So! Set your ice cream on the counter so it can become melty (Is this even a word? Most likely not but I’ve used it twice so I’m sticking to it).
- Place some peanuts into the bottom of your cup (really the top of the ice cream) and dollop a tablespoon of hot fudge onto them.
- Cover with vanilla ice cream, going half way up your cups. Place more peanuts, then hot fudge and cover with more ice cream until the cups are filled. Now gently, with the back of a spoon, press down to compact everything. Stick a plastic spoon square in the middle and freeze.
- Continue with the rest of your cups.
- Once hardened peel back your cups and you are left with the perfect “pop”. Enjoy right away or dip into chocolate coating for TRUE Buster Bars.
Veronica blogs at CookingMorningNooNight.blogspot.com! She has 2 beautiful boys who are her world, and a supportive husband who motivates her every day! She’s a self taught chef and loves to be experimental in the kitchen. She also loves to motivate other people to get in the kitchen and cook for the ones they love!
More Yummy Dessert Recipes!