I’ve been lucky enough to grow up near a Dairy Queen most of my life. The local lunch hang out during my entire High School career was Dairy Queen. I would always order the same thing… A chicken strip basket and a Blizzard or… a Buster Bar. (Totally calorie free if you were wondering). I thought of an ingenious way to make them at home (sans chocolate coating because that just sounded like a mess. So if that’s up your ally…. more power to ya). And next time I would probably use Dixie cups and not Styrofoam because peeling them off was kind of a pain. Honestly though, the sweet and melty vanilla ice cream, mixed with the gooey hot fudge and salty peanuts make it all kind of worth it. Plus the flavor combinations are endless… How about throwing some Peanut Butter in the middle of these guys!? YUM!
- 1 quart Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 jar Hot Fudge Topping
- Salted Peanuts
- Set your ice cream on the counter so it can become melty (Is this even a word? Most likely not but I’ve used it twice so I’m sticking to it).
- Place some peanuts into the bottom of an 8 oz. Styrofoam or Dixie Cup (the bottom will become the top of the ice cream) and dollop a tablespoon of hot fudge onto them.
- Cover with vanilla ice cream, going half way up your cups. Place more peanuts, then hot fudge and cover with more ice cream until the cups are filled. Now gently, with the back of a spoon, press down to compact everything. Stick a plastic spoon square in the middle and freeze.
- Continue with the rest of your cups.
- Once hardened peel back your cups and you are left with the perfect “pop”. Enjoy right away or dip into chocolate coating for TRUE Buster Bars.
Be sure to also check out these Ice Cream Recipes and Tips!