Following is a delicious Cupcake Recipe and
guest post by Carly at Createlive ~ enjoy!!
York Peppermint Patties. I love them. They’re my road trip snack that I break the rules for. And now they’re inside a delicious cupcake. Move over, Reeses-filled cupcakes! Get a life, chocolate-mousse filled cupcakes. Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes, hit the road… Seriously. These are my new favorite 🙂
York Peppermint Patty Cupcake Recipe
- 1 box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1 can La Croix
- 1 bag York Peppermint Patties (size small, about 20-24 of them)
- ½ Tub Cool Whip (standard size)
- 1 teaspoon Peppermint Extract (Not mint)
- Optional: Green Food Coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix and La Croix (or 8oz Sparking Water) and mix well.
- Spoon into paper-lined cupcake tins until ⅔ full.
- Unwrap peppermint patties and add on top of each cupcake.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes (following package directions).
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, combine cool whip, peppermint extract, and optional: conservative amount of green food coloring (we’re not making green eggs and ham, people). You can slowly add more coloring if you’d like. I used Wilton’s icing coloring.
- Add peppermint to taste.
- Once well mixed, use a knife or piping bag to pipe/spread icing onto cupcakes. The peppermint patty will have deflated somewhat, so be sure to fill in the leftover crater with mint icing before making it pretty!
Get inspired with even more Cupcake Recipes!