York Peppermint Patties. I love them. They’re my road trip snack that I break the rules for. And now they’re inside a delicious cupcake. Move over, Reeses-filled cupcakes! Get a life, chocolate-mousse filled cupcakes. Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes, hit the road… Seriously. These are my new favorite
Total time: 1 hour
- 1 box Devil’s Food Cake
- 1 can La Croix
- 1 bag York Peppermint Patties (size small, about 20-24 of them)
- 1/2 Tub Cool Whip (standard size)
- 1 teaspoon Peppermint Extract (Not mint)
- Green Food Coloring
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine cake mix and La Croix (or 8oz Sparking Water) and mix well.
- Spoon into paper-lined cupcake tins until 2/3 full.
- Unwrap peppermint patties and add on top of each cupcake.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes (following package directions).
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, combine cool whip, peppermint extract, and a conservative amount of green food coloring (we’re not making green eggs and ham, people). You can slowly add more coloring if you’d like. I used Wilton’s icing coloring.
- Add peppermint to taste.
- Once well mixed, use a knife or piping bag to pipe/spread icing onto cupcakes. The peppermint patty will have deflated somewhat, so be sure to fill in the leftover crater with mint icing before making it pretty!