Following is a delicious Apple Pie Pockets Recipe and guest post
by Angela at Angela’s Adventures… enjoy!!
Apple Pie Pockets Recipe From Scratch
When I was a little girl, less than 3 years old, my parents lived in a one room cabin that my Dad built. In that little cabin, they had a little stove and on that little wood-burning stove, my Mom often cooked Apple Pies for my Dad. I helped her make those Apple Pies in our big cast iron dutch oven and to this day, Apple Pie reminds me of that sweet memory.
I’ve never made an Apple Pie in a dutch oven but, I would like to try that sometime. I do, however, love making traditional pies and of course, this Apple Pie Pockets Recipe from Scratch.
These individual pieces of goodness are filled with a traditional apple cinnamon filling and the crust is homemade, flaky and soft. Making Pie Pockets is easy and the filling options are endless so, use your imagination and have fun.
- 3 Apples, peeled and diced finely
- ½ cup White Sugar
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. Butter, melted
- 2 cups White Flour
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ cup Butter
- 3 tbsp. Ice Cold Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all Pie Pocket Filling ingredients in a bowl, and then set aside.
- Now let's make the crust!
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt and butter with a pastry cutter.
- Mix with the pastry cutter until the mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Add in ice cold water and gently stir, until a dough forms.
- Flip the dough onto a floured surface and roll out.
- Use a cookie cutter or a glass to cut the dough into circles.
- Lay the circles for the bottom of the pie pockets on a cookie sheet and scoop the pie filling onto the dough.
- Put the other circles of dough on top of the filling and seal down the edges of the Pie Pockets with a fork.
- Bake for approx. 25 minutes or until the Pie Pockets are starting to lightly brown.
And those are Pie Pockets….pretty easy, right?
Have a beautiful day, friends!
Angela’s Adventures is written by Angela, a stay at home mom of two little ones (and another one on the way)! Angela loves writing about daily life with her little ones, her crafting and cooking adventures.
Creating tasty recipes and making her home beautiful, without spending much money is a passion of hers. To read more of Angela’s Adventures, please visit her blog at http://www.angelastrand.com/. You can also find her on Pinterest!