Crockpot Apricot Chicken Recipe

Crockpot Apricot Chicken

On the hunt for another tasty Crockpot Meal??

You’re going to love Crockpot Apricot Chicken… it’s so easy, and oh-so-yummy!!

Crockpots on Sale

Cook chicken in crockpot on high for 3 hours {covered}.

After 3 hours, drain juices from crockpot.

Mix together catalina dressing, apricot preserves, and dry onion soup.

Pour mixture over chicken, and cook on high for 30 more minutes {covered}.

That’s it ~ now wasn’t that easy?? You could even serve with some Heavenly Hashbrown Casserole as a tasty side!

Crockpot Apricot Chicken is so simple to make, and tastes downright delish!  {my boys LOVE it, too!}  Give this crockpot meal a try, and see what you think!

Thanks for supporting The Frugal Girls!

On the hunt for more Crockpot Recipes?? Here are more you’ll LOVE!

Easy Crockpot Orange Chicken!

Crockpot Orange Chicken Recipe Recipes

Creamy Crockpot Salsa Chicken

Crockpot Chicken And Salsa

Crockpot Peach Chipotle Chicken

Recipe for Chipotle Chicken Crockpot

Crockpot Coca-Cola Barbecue Chicken

Crockpot Barbecue Coke Chicken Recipe

Need a new Crockpot? Find deals on Crockpots here!

Crockpot Red

Proverbs 3-5

Pinterest Sidebar Button

Thanks for supporting The Frugal Girls!

So… what are some of your favorite Crockpot Meals or Recipes?

Leave a comment & share!

15 Responses to Crockpot Apricot Chicken Recipe

1. tovah says:

Oh my gosh. That sounds so good, plus it fits into my rule of “No more than 4 Ingredients”.

Can’t wait to try it.

2. Kim says:

Has anyone ever tried just putting everything in together and cooking on low for 8 hours? I have a crazy day today and didn’t realize it’s made in steps…..

• Ruthie says:

Yes, you should be able to put it all together as I have made this before with just putting it in the oven and not a crockpot. I never cooked the chicken first. The only difference is the time to cook I’m not sure about as the oven is around 20-25 minutes.

• Carla says:

We have used this recipe since about 1980 and love it. However, we put the chicken in a 9 x 13 pan and baked it in the oven at 350 degrees and cooked it about 45 minutes covered. We also used skinless thighs as well as breasts.

• Jacki says:

I make this all the time and don’t cook the chicken separate….I also use peach preserves instead of the apricot with delicious results too!!!

3. Lorie says:

This is also delicious over a pork roast!! One of my families favorite!!

4. Kathy King says:

This is my party chicken wing recipe! Everything gets layered over the wings and then throw it in the oven. Will be great to try this in the crockpot.

5. madgevt says:

I am in crock pot heaven. I haven’t heard or tried any of these until now. Warming up the OLD, almost ready to die, crock pot. I could use more tan one cause I use it all the time. I bow down to you. These sound great, THANKS

6. Sara says:

We’ve been making this for years, except we put it in the oven for an hour at 350. We poke the chicken breasts to death with a knife so some of the flavor falls inside. We also use 2 packets of the onion soup mix. Put it over rice and it’s amazing!

7. What if I am using a whole chicken? (We raise our own free range chicken and the one I have isn’t broken down). Would I need to remove the skin first?

• Carla says:

You can use a whole chicken if you like but I would cut it up first because it would be easier to serve. I definitely would remove the skin.

8. Trisha says:

This is really good with a sesame asian style dressing too. I have always added a packet of onion soup mix as well. I like the comment that you can cook in the oven @ 350 for 45 minutes. Thanks for posting this and all the other slow cooker chicken recipes!

9. Tiffany Rhyne says:

How much do you use of the jam and dressing? Im about to go to the store and get this started when I get back home.