Pineapple Angel Food Fluff Cake! {2 ingredients}

Like it?  Pin it!

What’s dinner without a tasty dessert??  If you’re looking for a fun Angel Food Pineapple Dessert, I’ve got just the thing… 2-Ingredient Pineapple Angel Food Fluff Cake!

Not only is this twist on angel food cake light and yummy… it’s super easy ~ I’m talking 2 ingredients easy!!

• 1 box of Angel Food Cake Mix
  • 1 can of Crushed Pineapple ~ approx. 20 oz.

Mix powder cake mix and crushed pineapple {including the juice from the can} together…
{don’t add any other ingredients}

Place in 9×13 ungreased glass baking dish…

Bake at 350 degrees for 33 – 38 minutes.

To avoid the cake falling a bit in the middle, immediately turn upside down to cool… I used some handy dandy loaf pans as support. ;)

Mmm… just look at the fluffy finished product…

Serve after cake has cooled, topped with some shaved coconut {if you are a coconut fanatic like I am}… and add some whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream!  {you know you want to!}

It’s delish… I promise!  ;)

More Tasty Dessert Recipes
Kitchen Tips & Tricks you’ll Love!

2-Ingredient Berry Cake Recipe…

39 Responses to Pineapple Angel Food Fluff Cake! {2 ingredients}

1. Thabal says:

That looks yummy :)

2. Bethany says:

It does work with regular white cake mix as well as yellow cake mix. It is delicious and soooo easy THe only thing I did different was make the cake batter as stated, put it in a pan, and dumped the pineapple with juice right in making sure it was evenly spread out. This doesn’t even need a topping — its great by itself. I’ll have to try this way as its much easier :)

• sandra gooden says:

this recipe calls for angel food cake mix not white or yellow cake mix there is a differance, i used the angel food like it says and it did not turn out, it did not raise or get foamy, it was like trying to eat a sponge. i wasted my ingred. so which is it white or yellow cake mix or angel food cake mix like the picture shows?

3. Heather says:

I made this cake a few weeks ago and while it was delicious, when I tried turning it upside down right out of the oven the whole thing fell apart.

• Heidi says:

Hi Heather ~ hmm… I’m not sure what happened. I’ve never had mine fall out. Make sure to use an ungreased baking dish and cook long enough until it’s getting a little toasty around the edges. Hope that helps! ;)

• Heather says:

I think I figured it out! I think I used pineapple chunks instead of crushed pineapple and it was too heavy. I can’t wait to try it again!

• Heidi says:

Oh yes… that would explain it. Try it again with the crushed pineapple… hope that works better for you! {it’s SO yummy!}

4. Sandra says:

I just made this with canned cherry pie filling ! YUMMY !!

5. Barb says:

Same thing happened with mine. I used crushed pineapple, 10 oz, & an ungraded aluminum pan. Top of cake was toasty brown. ??

6. Helen says:

This cake is SO easy to make and SO absolutely delicious!!!

7. Kelly says:

I have cook something just like this my bother show me how. You take your can pineapple 2 to 3 depends on your pan and you need butter. Take your pineapple put it in your pan with the juices take your dry yellow cake mix put on top then take your stick butter cut it up and cover your cake mix up then pop it in to the oven until cake is done. Not the healthes for you but really good and no dumping it out of the pan. Best when served warm.

• Judy Ann says:

That’s a dump cake. I make them all the time and so delicious. The recipe I have show melt the butter and pour over the top. I have added crushed graham cracker crumbs over the cake mix (yellow or chocolate) never tried angel food mix. I have evn put nuts and coconut over the cake mix..possibilities are endless for adding ingredients. Sooo good!

8. I poured mine into an angel food cake tube pan
    And had no trouble with it falling out of the pan.
    We are having it for dessert tonight. Can’t wait!
    Looks absolutely scrumptious ! Just know it will
    Be good! Thanks so much! Husband just walked
    In from work and asked what smelled so delicious !

9. cathy says:

I just found this recipe, made it today, it is cooling right now, can’t wait for my husband to get home from work and try it. I read alot of the comments, I hope mine turns out, as my family loves angel food cake and I want to make another one using the cherry pie filling. p.s. my 5 year old niece was helping me make this and she called it the magic cake when it started foaming. :-)

10. Kathy says:

I made the Angel Food & Pineapple yesterday. Quick & easy, & is very yummy.
    For those who have done this with the Cherry Pie Filling –
    do you use just the two ingredients (Angel Food mix & pie filling)??

11. Jane Briggs says:

I made it today and was fairly happy. Think it might be better if it were mixed more so that it would have smaller air pockets. The pineapple goes well with the angel food. It was fun to make with all the foamy batter. I will give it another try with just baking it slower, and mixing it more for a better consistancy. I will bake it at 310-325 for 35 minutes.

12. Audrey says:

This was easy and delicious! However, next time I make it I will reduce the cooking time. I took it out at 32-1/2 min and it was brown and just shy of burnt, not toasty golden like the picture. Maybe it’s because I’m at a high altitude? (5700 feet) I served it with light whipped cream and fresh sliced strawberries; delicious and low fat! :)

13. lori says:

Made this cake and it was fine without turning upside down to cool. Just a slight indentation in middle which didn’t bother me at all! Great tasting recipe! Thanks for posting!

14. Linda Sue Smith says:

I just made this this morning. As far as I can tell it did not rise at all. I did spray my pan, but don’t see it would make that much difference. Also used a 20 oz can of crushed pineapple. mixed just until the mix was wet, but mixture was extremely thin. taste ok but spongy. Is it worth trying again and what went wrong.
    Sue

• DONNASUE1063 says:

DO NOT GREASE PAN IT WILL MESS UP YOUR CAKE. IF YOU HAVE GREASE ON ANY OF YOUR ITEMS IT CAN MESS UP THE WAY THE EGG WHITES REACT AND MAKE IT GO “FLAT”! THE BOX EVEN TELLS YOU THIS (MOST BRANDS). GOOD LUCK NEXT TIME!

15. Karin says:

For the people having cake density problems, you need ti use a ONE STEP angel mix.

16. Naomi says:

So I bought a angel food cake mix to try this. Box on front said just add water. I open the box and there are 2 envelopes. One for eggs, then the rest of the mix. Can I use this yet? Just not use the eggs? Now im frustrated. Please tell me.

17. sandra says:

Tried this today & will make thus again! I like it is both light and just enough sweetness from the pineapple.

18. Ruby says:

I have fresh pineapple. Was wondering if I blend my pineapple in a blender will this work and have enough juice to make this cake?

19. Sheila Saul says:

I have made this 2 times and the last time I iced it with the cool whip icing. It was wonderful.

20. Drlntng says:

I made this cake three times and it fell in the middle the first two times and the third time I tried turning it upside down and it fell out of the pan. I’m making it again as we speak and hope it turns out better. It is very delicious. We had no trouble getting rid of them but wish they would look a little better for company.