Pineapple Angel Food Fluff Cake! {2 ingredients}

Like it?  Pin it!

What’s dinner without a tasty dessert??  If you’re looking for a fun Angel Food Pineapple Dessert, I’ve got just the thing… 2-Ingredient Pineapple Angel Food Fluff Cake!

Not only is this twist on angel food cake light and yummy… it’s super easy ~ I’m talking 2 ingredients easy!!

Ingredients:

Pineapple Angel Food Fluff Cake! {2 ingredients}
Author:

Ingredients
  • 1 box of Angel Food Cake Mix
  • 1 can of Crushed Pineapple ~ approx. 20 oz.
Instructions
  1. Mix powder cake mix and crushed pineapple {including the juice from the can} together…{don’t add any other ingredients}
  2. Place in 9×13 ungreased glass baking dish…
  3. Bake at 350 degrees for 33 – 38 minutes.
  4. To avoid the cake falling a bit in the middle, immediately turn upside down to cool... I used some handy dandy loaf pans as support. ;)
  5. Mmm… just look at the fluffy finished product…

Serve after cake has cooled, topped with some shaved coconut {if you are a coconut fanatic like I am}… and add some whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream!  {you know you want to!}

Yum
It’s delish… I promise!  ;)Then… check out more Delicious Cake Recipes below…

Crockpot Pineapple Dump Cake Recipe

Crockpot Pineapple Dump Cake Recipe

2-Ingredient Berry Cake Recipe…

Frugal Girls Email Updates

The Frugal Girls on Pinterest

The Frugal Girls on Instagram

Comments

1. Bethany says

It does work with regular white cake mix as well as yellow cake mix. It is delicious and soooo easy THe only thing I did different was make the cake batter as stated, put it in a pan, and dumped the pineapple with juice right in making sure it was evenly spread out. This doesn’t even need a topping — its great by itself. I’ll have to try this way as its much easier :)

• sandra gooden says

this recipe calls for angel food cake mix not white or yellow cake mix there is a differance, i used the angel food like it says and it did not turn out, it did not raise or get foamy, it was like trying to eat a sponge. i wasted my ingred. so which is it white or yellow cake mix or angel food cake mix like the picture shows?

2. Heather says

I made this cake a few weeks ago and while it was delicious, when I tried turning it upside down right out of the oven the whole thing fell apart.

• Heidi says

Hi Heather ~ hmm… I’m not sure what happened. I’ve never had mine fall out. Make sure to use an ungreased baking dish and cook long enough until it’s getting a little toasty around the edges. Hope that helps! 😉

• Heather says

I think I figured it out! I think I used pineapple chunks instead of crushed pineapple and it was too heavy. I can’t wait to try it again!

• Heidi says

Oh yes… that would explain it. Try it again with the crushed pineapple… hope that works better for you! {it’s SO yummy!}

3. Barb says

Same thing happened with mine. I used crushed pineapple, 10 oz, & an ungraded aluminum pan. Top of cake was toasty brown. ??

4. Kelly says

I have cook something just like this my bother show me how. You take your can pineapple 2 to 3 depends on your pan and you need butter. Take your pineapple put it in your pan with the juices take your dry yellow cake mix put on top then take your stick butter cut it up and cover your cake mix up then pop it in to the oven until cake is done. Not the healthes for you but really good and no dumping it out of the pan. Best when served warm.

• Judy Ann says

That’s a dump cake. I make them all the time and so delicious. The recipe I have show melt the butter and pour over the top. I have added crushed graham cracker crumbs over the cake mix (yellow or chocolate) never tried angel food mix. I have evn put nuts and coconut over the cake mix..possibilities are endless for adding ingredients. Sooo good!

5. says

I poured mine into an angel food cake tube pan
    And had no trouble with it falling out of the pan.
    We are having it for dessert tonight. Can’t wait!
    Looks absolutely scrumptious ! Just know it will
    Be good! Thanks so much! Husband just walked
    In from work and asked what smelled so delicious !

6. cathy says

I just found this recipe, made it today, it is cooling right now, can’t wait for my husband to get home from work and try it. I read alot of the comments, I hope mine turns out, as my family loves angel food cake and I want to make another one using the cherry pie filling. p.s. my 5 year old niece was helping me make this and she called it the magic cake when it started foaming. :-)

7. Kathy says

I made the Angel Food & Pineapple yesterday. Quick & easy, & is very yummy.
    For those who have done this with the Cherry Pie Filling –
    do you use just the two ingredients (Angel Food mix & pie filling)??

8. says

I made it today and was fairly happy. Think it might be better if it were mixed more so that it would have smaller air pockets. The pineapple goes well with the angel food. It was fun to make with all the foamy batter. I will give it another try with just baking it slower, and mixing it more for a better consistancy. I will bake it at 310-325 for 35 minutes.

9. Audrey says

This was easy and delicious! However, next time I make it I will reduce the cooking time. I took it out at 32-1/2 min and it was brown and just shy of burnt, not toasty golden like the picture. Maybe it’s because I’m at a high altitude? (5700 feet) I served it with light whipped cream and fresh sliced strawberries; delicious and low fat! :)

10. says

Made this cake and it was fine without turning upside down to cool. Just a slight indentation in middle which didn’t bother me at all! Great tasting recipe! Thanks for posting!

11. Linda Sue Smith says

I just made this this morning. As far as I can tell it did not rise at all. I did spray my pan, but don’t see it would make that much difference. Also used a 20 oz can of crushed pineapple. mixed just until the mix was wet, but mixture was extremely thin. taste ok but spongy. Is it worth trying again and what went wrong.
    Sue

• DONNASUE1063 says

DO NOT GREASE PAN IT WILL MESS UP YOUR CAKE. IF YOU HAVE GREASE ON ANY OF YOUR ITEMS IT CAN MESS UP THE WAY THE EGG WHITES REACT AND MAKE IT GO “FLAT”! THE BOX EVEN TELLS YOU THIS (MOST BRANDS). GOOD LUCK NEXT TIME!

12. Naomi says

So I bought a angel food cake mix to try this. Box on front said just add water. I open the box and there are 2 envelopes. One for eggs, then the rest of the mix. Can I use this yet? Just not use the eggs? Now im frustrated. Please tell me.

13. says

I have fresh pineapple. Was wondering if I blend my pineapple in a blender will this work and have enough juice to make this cake?

14. Drlntng says

I made this cake three times and it fell in the middle the first two times and the third time I tried turning it upside down and it fell out of the pan. I’m making it again as we speak and hope it turns out better. It is very delicious. We had no trouble getting rid of them but wish they would look a little better for company.

15. Denise says

I used a one step Angel Food mix and one large can of crushed pineapple with juice. Mix just until combined, then pour into ungreased flat-sided bundt pan. DO NOT overmix!!!!!! Once baked @ 350 degrees for 30 – 35 minutes (watch at end of baking time) until edges become crispy and top is lightly “toast” brown. Place the bundt pan on a long necked bottle (I used a an oil bottle) to cool. Place plate over pan and invert. Cake should slide right out of pan. I decorated the whole cake with whipped cream then sprinkled chopped pineapple and chopped maraschino cherries over the top and alternated pineapple chunks and whole maraschino cherries around the bottom of the cake. Delicious!

16. Doreen says

I want to make cup cakes,you can’t possibly turn over each cup cake ,right! I’m not much of a baker as you can tell.this sounds so good for easter

17. Holly says

Make sure if you live in higher altitudes(above 3500 ft) that you add 1-2 tbs cornstarch into mix so it won’t collapse.

18. Lillian Fuerst says

I make mine in a 12 cup bundt pan and bake it for 45min and turn it upside down on funnel I also used apple pie filling and lemon I put cinnamon sugar on top of apple pie cake Great quick dessert YUMMY

• Lillian Fuerst says

If you dont turn upside down it doesnt stay high it flattens Thats what you do with angel food cakes anyway

19. says

I’ve made this cake numerous times. The only time it sank in the.middle was the first time….my daughter gave me the recipe, & forgot to tell me to turn it over to coo…lol…tasted good, just looked funny. The one thing is NOT use a pan with a coating !…Pyrex or Cornog is the best !
    This cake is fat free until until you put whipped cream or Cool Whop on it…lol….but, it do taste Yummy! It does have a spongy like texture, but that is the nature of the Angel Food Cake . You like or not, it’s a personal thing. I love it! My hubby really likes it! Enjoy a Yummy cake!

20. Amber says

I have this in the oven now. I can’t wait to see how it turns out. My boys did not like licking the mixers though!! Lol!!