This Valentie’s Day Craft and guest post comes from
my sweet friend, Katie Tevis… enjoy!!
I wanted to teach Bradley about Valentine’s Day and celebrate in a fun way. I am not a crafty person. However, as my mother once told me, sometimes we do things that make us uncomfortable because it’s good for our kids. c-: So I was inspired by Martha Stewart to make a simple and frugal Valentine’s Day Countdown.
I bought three sheets of scrapbook paper, plus I used some supplies I already had on hand, like my computer/printer, scissors, and glue. That’s it!
I made a pocket on the front of a piece of scrapbook paper and printed out strips of paper that had ideas for each day of the countdown. I glued a heart at the top of each strip of paper, along with a number. Then I decorated the front of the pocket with a few hearts and pretty writing. Each day, Bradley can pull out an activity from the pocket.
Here are my ideas:
- February 1 – Bake a special Valentine’s Day treat for Dada.
Ideas: Valentine Confetti or Valentine Pizza
- February 2 – Treasure hunt! Search for candy hearts around the house.
- February 3 – Make a Valentine’s Day Tootsie Pop Flower for cousins.
- February 4 – Read Winnie the Pooh’s Valentine from the library.
- February 5 – Eat a heart-shaped piece of Dove dark chocolate. I might already have this on hand. c-;
- February 6 – Send homemade valentines to grandparents.
Ideas: Stick of Gum Valentine, Stained-Glass Hearts
- February 7 – Drink hot chocolate with heart-shaped marshmallows.
Carrie has a great video on how to make homemade marshmallows. Use a heart cookie cutter to make them a little more festive.
- February 8 – Watch Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown from the library.
- February 9 – Make heart-shaped eggs and toast for breakfast with strawberries.
Or make Heart-Shaped Pancakes. Tip: You can use a condiment bottle to make different shapes. Just thin the batter a bit with milk.
- February 10 – Sing a Valentine’s Day song, like “Just for You.”
- February 11 – Color a Valentine’s Day coloring sheet.
- February 12 – Make a Valentine’s Day craft: Hand Valentines
- February 13 – Make a Valentine’s Day craft.
Ideas: Valentine’s Day Hair Clips or Crayon Heart Pencil Toppers
- February 14 – Play a Valentine’s Day memory match game.
Katie is a mom to Bradley, licensed RN, and lover of all things domestic.