How to Make a Butterfly Cake!

Butterfly Cake

In addition to all of these fun cake ideas… I’ve got another fun cake idea to share with you today… How to Make a Butterfly Cake!

Frugal friend Heather made this adorable butterfly cake, and emailed over this picture.  Isn’t it just too cute??

• Bake 3 heart-shaped cakes {using a 9″ heart-shaped cake pan}
  • You’ll use two of the hearts for the top wings
  • Cut and trim the remaining heart cake to use as the lower wings
  • Place 4 cupcakes in the center for the body.
  • Have fun frosting… and you’re done!
  • Now this… is a seriously cute cake!!

The cute lil’ antennas were icing piped directly onto the cake board {which was just 2 layers of foam board covered with material}.

Great job Heather ~ thanks so much for sharing your photos and this fun idea!!

Birthday Party Ideas Frugal

10 Responses to How to Make a Butterfly Cake!

1. Christina says:

So adorable and easy. I’m thinking to use small swirled lollipops for the antennae, too. Thanks for sharing.

2. Thanks for sharing! I bookmarked this for my study on Butterflies we will be doing for the next 2 weeks. The kids will LOVE it!!

3. Nancy Torrente says:

What perfect timing for posting this. I’m in the process of making this right now for my daughter’s birthday party tomorrow! Cakes are baked and cooling. Frosting tonight after the kiddos are in bed!

4. Steph says:

What an ADORABLE cake! This is why I wish I had a little girl too! LOL
    :) Steph

5. karen says:

what a great idea. i will definitely make this cake for my doughter’s birthday. can you explain how to make the frosting? especially the shape at the edges and those perfect lined circles..
    thank U !

6. lori says:

I have been scouring the butterfly-cake websites for days. I love this one!! The other ones looked too busy and didn’t catch the butterfly theme of a cake like this one did. Bought my heart shaped pan and can’t wait to make this adorable butterfly cake for a baby shower that is butterfly themed. Thank you!!

7. Ann says:

How many cake mixes did you use and are the cupcakes included it that?

8. tonya owens says: