Crockpot Cranberry Chicken Recipe!

Crockpot Cranberry Chicken Recipe

Pin It Post Buttons

I love the simplicity of crockpot cooking, and Crockpot Cranberry Chicken is one of our family’s favorite Slow Cooker recipes!

My Aunt Jeannie shared this recipe with me years ago, and it’s absolutely delish!

It is fun & festive around the holidays, but we also enjoy it year round!

Crockpot Cranberry Chicken Recipe at TheFrugalGirls.comPin It Buttons

• Crockpot
  • 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, thawed
  • 1 can Ocean Spray Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce {14 oz.}
  • 1 pkg. Dry Onion Soup
  • 8 oz. Kraft Catalina Dressing {Russian Dressing can be substituted}

Crockpot Cranberry Chicken Recipe from TheFrugalGirls.comPin It Buttons

1. Cook chicken in crock pot on high for 3 hours {covered}.
  2. After 3 hours, drain juices from crockpot.
  3. Mix together catalina dressing, cranberry sauce and dry onion soup.
  4. Pour cranberry mixture over chicken, and cook on high for 30 more minutes {covered}, or until done.

Crockpot Cranberry Chicken Recipe - at TheFrugalGirls.com

That’s it ~ now wasn’t that easy??  We absolutely love Crockpot Cranberry Chicken ~ add it to your menu this week!

Crockpot Cranberry Chicken Recipe - from TheFrugalGirls.comPin It Buttons

You could even serve with some Heavenly Hashbrown Casserole as a tasty side!

Hashbrown Casserole Breakfast Recipe from TheFrugalGirls.com

On the hunt for more Crockpot Recipes??  Here are more you’ll LOVE!

Easy Crockpot Cranberry Sauce

Easy Crockpot Cranberry Sauce Recipe at TheFrugalGirls.com

Crockpot Stove Top Chicken

Crockpot Stove Top Chicken Recipe

A Crockpot Christmas ~ Easy Holiday Recipes!

Crockpot Christmas - Easy Recipes for a Delicious Holiday from TheFrugalGirls.com

Proverbs 3-5

Pinterest Sidebar Button

74 Responses to Crockpot Cranberry Chicken Recipe!

1. I'm So Pretty says:

That sound delicious! I'm always looking for new and yummy ways to use the chicken breasts I get on sale in a slow cooker. Thank you for posting!!!

2. Jen says:

I remember you talking about this recipe, but hadn't remembered exactly how you made it, so I'm glad you shared again! I will definitely have to add this to my recipe collection! Loving all of your great recipes!

3. Lisa @ akawest says:

Thanks!!! I bought Catalina dressing when it was on sale, thinking I would use it in the jelly/onion soup recipe. The cranberry sauce version sounds way yummier. I can't wait to try it.

4. Joyful Juggler says:

Found you through beautyandbedlam.com, and mmmm, this sounds good! I think I'll try this recipe this weekend.

5. heartnsoulcooking says:

Cranberries and chicken love the two together, THANKS!!! for the YUMMY!!! and EASY!!! recipe. Geri

6. The Real Me! says:

That looks so yummy and I bet using a turkey breast would make it seem like Thanksgiving dinner!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Kim

7. heartnsoulcooking says:

This sounds YUMMY!!! I love cranberries and turkey. Never thought of cranberries and chicken, THANKS!! for the GREAT!!! recipe. Geri

8. Karen says:

Looks great! I'm always looking for good crock-pot recipes. I'm going to try this one. Thanks!

9. Ayechichacho! says:

I did half crock pot n half oven, because of time. I also used skinless ckn legs. Next time will try jellied cranberries. Daughter didn’t want the whole berries. Everyone loved it. I served it over rice w/ remaining sauce. Put crushed red peppers on top for Sweet n Spicy version! Will def make again!! Very easy n yummy!! Thanks!!

10. Juliene bubeck says:

Hi there,
    I went to the store and couldn’t find Dry onion soup??? Is this in a packet? And where exactly would I find this?

• Heidi says:

Hi Juliene ~ yes… the dry onion soup is in a packet. Lipton is one of the brands that is often sold at the grocery store. This is often found on the soup aisle.

I hope this helps!

11. Shauna Altman says:

Should I set the temp on low or high for three hours? Do you add water to the chicken or just let it sit for three hours be itself?

12. Heidi says:

Hi Shauna ~ set your crock pot on high.

And… no water is needed ~ just cook the chicken in there by itself.

Later, you’ll drain the juices from the chicken and add in the sauce mixture.

Hope this helps!

13. CC says:

How can I use chicken legs and thighs in this recipe? Just got some on sale and would like to try this recipe.

14. Heidi says:

Hi CC ~ I’ve used dark meat in this recipe before, however the sauce soaks into skinless meat the best. I’d just suggest removing the skin from the thighs or legs prior to cooking. I hope that tip helps! ;)

15. Sheri Euten says:

This looks like a great recipe! I love cooking in my crock pot this time of the year when things are starting to get really busy! Thank you for sharing it with us!!! :)

16. Rebecca says:

anyone know a good substitute for the dry onion soup mix? We have a milk allergy and we have a # of great recipes that call for the onion soup mix, which contains milk!
    I’d love to try this!
    Thanks!

• Kath says:

Hi,
      I would recommend using just dried onion that you can find in the spice aisle. My grocery store offers the fine onion powder and also onion flakes. I would suggest the flakes. Onion soup mix also has a LOT of salt, so you may want to add a dash of salt to the onion flakes.

• Kosher Maven says:

Look for Kosher Pareve onion soup mix. Lipton makes one, Goodman’s & Osem. Lipton and Goodman’s will probably be the best choice for this recipe. There are many Kosher items that you can substitute that do not have dairy in them, just google kosher pareve items and you will find many distributors.

17. Nancy N says:

I can’t wait to try this…it sounds so yummy!! Quick question tho, is Russian Dressing the same/similar to Ranch Dressing? I ask because my son is allergic to anything with Ranch flavoring…weird allergy, I know…LOL We hope he outgrows it. But I would love to try this recipe!! Thank you for sharing it with us!!

18. Siobhan says:

Rebecca, I make my own onion soup mix. Here is the recipe. This will make more than you need. http://www.food.com/recipe/copycat-liptons-onion-soup-mix-24952

19. Sarah says:

Russian dressing is not ranch, it’s a thousand island style.

20. Heidi says:

Hi Susan ~ yes… you’ll want to double the ingredients of the recipe if you’re making this with 8 chicken breasts. If you have a larger crock pot {slow cooker}, the timing for cooking the chicken may be pretty similar. You’ll just need to keep an eye on it. I have a large slow cooker, and often cook 7 chicken breasts at a time in it for the same length of time. ;)