Get summer barbecue flavor in your Crockpot all year round!!
Make this deliciously easy Crockpot BBQ Whole Chicken Recipe!
- Whole Chicken, approx. 4 – 5 pounds
- 2 packets of McCormick Grill Mates Tennessee Smokehouse BBQ Rub (1 oz. packets)
- 1 white Onion, sliced
- ½ cup Water
- Rinse chicken, remove innards and pat dry with paper towels.
- Generously add rub to outside of chicken.
- Place ½ of sliced onion inside of chicken.
- Place chicken in resealable bag overnight to marinate. (optional)
- The next day, place remaining sliced onions on bottom of a 6 quart Crockpot, then place your chicken on top.
- Add ½ cup of Water to Crockpot
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours, or until done.
- Use thermometer in thick portion of breast to verify if chicken is done at 165 degrees Enjoy!!
Thanks for supporting The Frugal Girls!