Get summer barbecue flavor in your Crockpot all year round!!
Just make this deliciously easy Crockpot BBQ Whole Chicken Recipe! It’s gonna be so good… so easy… so fun!! Why haven’t we done this before??
For He satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things. Psalm 107:9
- Whole Chicken, approx. 4 – 5 pounds
- 2 packets of McCormick Grill Mates Tennessee Smokehouse BBQ Rub (1 oz. packets)
- 1 white Onion, sliced
- ½ cup Water
- Rinse chicken, remove innards and pat dry with paper towels.
- Generously add rub to outside of chicken.
- Place ½ of sliced onion inside of chicken.
- Place chicken in resealable bag overnight to marinate. (optional)
- The next day, place remaining sliced onions on bottom of a 6 quart Crockpot, then place your chicken on top.
- Add ½ cup of Water to Crockpot
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours, or until done.
- Use thermometer in thick portion of breast to verify if chicken is done at 165 degrees Enjoy!!
Thanks for supporting The Frugal Girls!
Don’t miss out! Catch all the latest fun Frugal Girls Recipes, Tips + more…