Crockpot BBQ Coca-Cola Chicken Recipe

Crockpot BBQ Coca-Cola Chicken Recipe at TheFrugalGirls.com

On the hunt for another tasty Crockpot Meal and Easy Dinner Recipe??

You’re going to love Crockpot BBQ Coca-Cola Chicken… it’s incredibly easy to make, and full of spicy kick! {yum!}

My friend Susan shared this delicious recipe idea with me, and I couldn’t wait to put it to the test!  It’s full of flavor… and a new family favorite!

• Crockpot
  • 4 – 5 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, thawed
  • One 18 oz. Bottle Sweet Baby Ray’s Cola-Q Barbecue Sauce  {if you can’t find Cola-Q at your store, you can substitute Original Sweet Baby Ray’s Sauce}
  • 1/2 Can Coca-Cola {approx. 6 oz.}
  • Crockpot

Crockpots on Sale

• Cook chicken in crockpot on high for 3 hours {covered}
  • After 3 hours, drain juices from crockpot
  • Mix together BBQ Sauce and Coca-Cola
  • Pour mixture over chicken, and cook on high for 30 more minutes {covered}

That’s it ~ now wasn’t that easy??  Serve with Rice, Easy Seasoned JoJo’s, Rolls with Cinnamon Honey Butter, or some Heavenly Hashbrown Casserole as a tasty side!

Crockpot Barbecue Coke Chicken RecipePin It Buttons

Crockpot BBQ Coca-Cola Chicken is so simple to make! Give this crockpot meal a try, and see what you think!

Thanks for supporting The Frugal Girls!

On the hunt for more Crockpot Recipes?? Here are more you’ll LOVE!

Easy Crockpot Orange Chicken!

Crockpot Orange Chicken Recipe Recipes

Crockpot Root Beer Barbecue Chicken

Crockpot Root Beer Barbecue Chicken

Crockpot Dr. Pepper BBQ Chicken

Crockpot Dr. Pepper BBQ Chicken

Big List of 5-Ingredient or Less Slow Cooker Suppers!

BIG List of 5-ingredient or less Slow Cooker Suppers from TheFrugalGirls.comWow… that’s crazy love!  John 3:16

Find more Fun Inspiration with The Frugal Girls here:

Button - The Frugal Girls on Pinterest
Button - The Frugal Girls on Instagram
Button - The Frugal Girls Email Updates
Button - The Frugal Girls on Facebook
Button - The Frugal Girls on Google+

22 Responses to Crockpot BBQ Coca-Cola Chicken Recipe

1. steve says:

do you add water or anything to the crock pot or just lay the chicken in the bottom and turn it on? does the juice from the chicken provide enough moisture?

• Heidi says:

Hi Steve ~ no need to add water or anything other than the chicken at the beginning. The chicken will end up cooking in its own juices. Hope that helps! ;)

2. Joanna says:

Do you have to drain the juices 3 hours in? I plan to put it all together before I leave for work and have it ready when we all get home 8 hours later… Help!

• Heidi says:

Hi Joanna ~ if you’d rather, you can cook it on ‘Low’ for twice as long without draining the juices. I like to drain the juices to keep the sauce nice and thick, but adding all ingredients at the beginning would work as well… you’ll just end up with a thinner sauce. Hope that helps! ;)

3. Hanna says:

This was amazing!!! I made it tonight and the family ate it up!!! I added about half a glass of water because mine was in the crockpot longer and I did not want it to dry out. I Will be making this again!

4. Jana says:

Do you prefer this over rootbeer recipe? Or does it just depend on if you like coke or root beer better? And should I drain the juices if I plan on shredding the chicken at the end to make into sandwiches?

5. Tracy says:

Can I put the chicken in the crockpot frozen for the cola recipe?

• bianca says:

No it can’t be frozen defrost it first or boil in water to defrost ….then put it in crock pot with out water ….it cooks in its own juices

6. Kaitlyn says:

I was skeptical about cooking the chicken by itself, but it came out awesome! I didn’t realize cooking chicken could be so easy! Ha. It was perfect at 3 hours. I took the chicken out, shredded it, and drained the juices. I put the shredded chicken back in, threw some K.C. Masterpiece BBQ sauce instead of Sweet Baby Ray’s because that is what I had, and probably a little more Coke than I should have, but the result is amazing and incredibly easy! I’m serving it with rice cooked in chicken broth then sauteed in garlic. Now I just have to wait for my boyfriend to get home! Thank you for sharing this ridiculously easy and delicious recipe!

7. Claudette says:

Quick question….why is it spicy? Is the heat from the cola-q BBQ sauce? Thanks!

8. Kimberly Worley says:

This recipe was easy and delicious. My family enjoyed every bite. Thanks for the recipe. I will be trying more recipes. Thanks again.

9. Mary Hill says:

Such cool recipes for the summer. I am trying these for sure. :)

10. Kelsey says:

Hi! I’m excited to make this chicken but I was wondering if you begin cooking the chicken in the croc-pot, what sauce do you use? Just water or..?

Thanks!
    Kelsey

• Heidi says:

Hi Kelsey ~ nothing is required when cooking the chicken… it will end up cooking in its own juices. Hope that helps! ;)

11. Charissa says:

Can I use plain bbq sauce? Thats all I have on hand. And can I turn this into pulled bbq chicken? Thanks!

• Heidi says:

Hi Charissa… absolutely! Plain BBQ Sauce works just fine, and shredding with 2 forks after it’s cooked is a delicious way to serve. ENJOY! ;)