Crockpot Green Chile Chicken Recipe

Crockpot Green Chile Chicken Recipe from TheFrugalGirls.com

On the hunt for another tasty Crockpot Meal??

You’re going to love Crockpot Green Chile Chicken… it’s so easy to make, and tastes delicious in tacos and burritos!

My friend Heather made this for us at a Taco Night at her house, and it was SO yummy!

Ingredients:

• 6 – 8 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, thawed
  • One 4 oz. Can Green Chiles
  • 2 tsp. Garlic Salt
  • Optional: Add in 1/2 cup Diced Onions for some extra flavor!
  • Crockpot

Crockpots on Sale

Crockpot Green Chile Chicken Recipe at TheFrugalGirls.comPin It Buttons

Instructions:

1. Cook chicken in crockpot on high for 3 hours {covered}
  2. After 3 hours, drain juices from crockpot
  3. Mix together green chiles and garlic salt. {and optional onions}
  4. Pour mixture over chicken, and cook on high for 30 more minutes {covered}
  5. Remove chicken from crockpot, and shred with a fork.
  6. Serve with all the fixins for tacos, or wrapped up in burritos. YUM!

Crockpot Green Chile Chicken Recipe - from TheFrugalGirls.com

Thanks for supporting The Frugal Girls!

Looking for more yummy recipes to pair this with?  Get inspired with these…

Easy Salsa Recipe

Easy Salsa Recipe

Crockpot Creamy Salsa Dip Recipe!

Crockpot Creamy Salsa Dip Recipe - from TheFrugalGirls.com

Crockpot Sante Fe Chicken

Crockpot Sante Fe Chicken Recipe from TheFrugalGirls.com

Taco Mac and Cheese!

Taco Mac and Cheese Recipe at TheFrugalGirls.com

Proverbs 3-5

Frugal Girls Email Updates

The Frugal Girls on Pinterest

The Frugal Girls on Instagram

Comments

1. Cindy says

Never cooked with a crockpot before, so I’m curious…I just put the chicken in the crockpot with nothing else, as the recipe states, for 3 hours? It won’t burn or stick to the pot??

• Heidi says

Hi Cindy ~ yes… that’s correct. The juices from the chicken will quickly drain and the chicken will cook in that. After 3 hours I drain the juices and add in the sauce to the crockpot for another 30 minutes. That will allow for a thicker and tastier sauce. Hope that helps!! Have fun cooking with your crockpot! 😉

2. Mike Guadagnolo says

I prepared this recipe at the fire station tonight only I substituted 4 fresh cloves of minced garlic for the garlic salt and used approx. 1 tsp of seasoned salt.
    Served it on fresh flour tortillas,chopped baby spinach,three blend mexican cheese and black beans.
    Thank you so much for the new recipe, the men really liked it!
    Mike G.

3. martha says

So do you mix the chilies and garlic salt with the drained juices? Is that what makes the sauce?! Or is the sauce just the chilies and the garlic salt?

• Heidi says

Hi Martha ~ you’ll remove the drained juices, toss, and then add the chiles and garlic salt. Hope that helps!

4. says

I have a small crockpot as I’m only cooking for myself, and am having problems finding recipes for one or two people. I’ve tried cutting down the ingredients, but somehow the meals don’t come out as I expect them to. Are there cookbooks for small portion-size crockpots?

5. Melissa Grace Atteberry says

Could I get a similar taste if I use garlic powder instead of salt? I like to limit sodium.

• Linda Bell says

Melissa, Grace: Go ahead an cook the hole recipe then take it put it into individual portions then put them in the freezer