How to Keep Bananas Fresh!

How to Keep Bananas Fresh Tip at TheFrugalGirls.com

Would you like to keep your bananas from ripening too quickly??

Following is a kitchen tip shared by frugal friend Marsha…

“You may already know this… but if you separate your bananas {at the top} when you bring them home, they won’t ripen up so fast!”  ;)

How to Keep Strawberries Fresh at TheFrugalGirls.com

Got a kitchen tip or trick??

Leave a comment & share!

9 Responses to How to Keep Bananas Fresh!

1. Tara Blanchard says:

Love the new look of the website!

2. Amy says:

Well, I’ll be darned! I swear I thought that they’d stay fresh longer if they WERE together. I thank you for this!!!! I’ll be sure to pull ‘em apart for now on.

3. kim says:

Also, never put them by apples. bananas touching apples, for some reason, ripen faster. It’s what I do when I need to make banana bread and the bananas aren’t ripe enough :)

4. 'lyn henderson says:

Havent tried it yet but been told wrapping each banana with newspaper will slow to ripening process.

5. lc says:

Wow learn something new everyday.

6. Maureen says:

I also found a way to keep banana’s over a week. I leave them in the plastic bag the one you put veggies in when you check out at the grocery store. If you leave them in there and put them in the fridge, they will last over a week. Promise this really works.Have a wonderful day.

7. Rachel says:

Wrap aluminum foil around the stems and they will last longer also.

8. Jessica says:

It’s because bananas and all fruit naturally emit ethylene gas, which is a signal for them to ripen. Clustering the fruit just multiplies this effect and that’s why they ripen faster.