Crockpot Root Beer Barbecue Chicken Recipe!

Crockpot Root Beer Barbecue Chicken Recipe at TheFrugalGirls.com

On the hunt for another delicious and oh-so-easy Crockpot Chicken Recipe?

You’ll LOVE this recipe for Crockpot Root Beer Barbecue Chicken!

What?!?  Yep ~ that’s right… go grab the root beer and get ready for a delicious chicken dinner surprise!

• Cook chicken in crockpot on high for 3 hours {covered}
  • After 3 hours, drain juices from crockpot
  • Mix together BBQ Sauce, Root Beer, Salt and Pepper
  • Pour mixture over chicken, and cook on high for 30 more minutes {covered}

How easy is that?? Serve with Rice, Easy Seasoned JoJo’s, Rolls with Cinnamon Honey Butter, or some Heavenly Hashbrown Casserole as a tasty side.

Crockpot Root Beer BBQ Chicken Recipe

On the hunt for more Crockpot Recipes?? Here are more you’ll LOVE!

Easy Crockpot Orange Chicken!

Crockpot Orange Chicken Recipe Recipes

Crockpot Coca-Cola Barbecue Chicken

Crockpot Barbecue Coke Chicken Recipe

Crockpot Root Beer BBQ Chicken

Crockpot Root Beer BBQ Drumsticks

Crockpot Dr. Pepper BBQ Chicken

Crockpot Dr. Pepper BBQ ChickenWow… that’s crazy love!  John 3:16

Find more Fun Inspiration with The Frugal Girls here:

Button - The Frugal Girls on Pinterest
Button - The Frugal Girls on Instagram
Button - The Frugal Girls Email Updates
Button - The Frugal Girls on Facebook
Button - The Frugal Girls on Google+

28 Responses to Crockpot Root Beer Barbecue Chicken Recipe!

1. Rachel says:

Thanks for the recipe! I am going to try this!

2. Jaycee says:

How do you make this workday friendly? (8 hour cooking instead of 3?)

• Heidi says:

Hi Jaycee… yes ~ you can try doubling the amount of cooking time, and cooking on the ‘Low’ setting on your crockpot. Hope that helps! ;)

• Sarita says:

Can put ingredients in crockpot liner night before. This way easy to just put in crockpot in the morning.this way it will take bit longer to book,

3. Rena says:

This looks yummy! I think I will try it with a pork roast! :)

4. Elizaberh says:

Hmm… How do you ‘cook’ the chicken for the first 3 hours??? Just stick the chicken in the crockpot, cover and turn to high for 3 hours?

5. Jessica says:

Have you ever shredded the chicken, then added the sauce? I was thinking about making sandwiches with the shredded meat. What do you think?

6. Nikki says:

Made it last night with chicken drumsticks, I only had 6 if them, so I took 3/4 the sauce and poured it over the chicken for 4.5 hours on high, then drained it and poured the remaining sauce over it and cooked it for the final 30 min….DELISH! And bonus, my kids think I’m the coolest mom because I cooked with Root Beer. :)

• Heidi says:

Haha… I’m so glad you {and the kiddos} loved it, Nikki! I just love Crockpot Drumsticks, too… so I bet that was a delicious variation!

7. Angela says:

Can you freeze the meal and just dump it in the crockpot?

8. JoanneSchwartz says:

I made this today. It was a huge hit with my husband and 2 teenage boys. I used 8 chicken breasts and put them in the crock pot frozen when I left for work. My son turned on the crock pot at noon and they were perfectly done when I got home at 6. I I baked some potatoes while the sauce was warming through the chicken. What a fabulous and easy meal!

• Heidi says:

I’m so glad your family liked it, Joanne! My hubby and 2 boys are big fans of this recipe as well… and I love how EASY it is! ;)

9. Nancy says:

First of all, I love Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce and I love root beer! What could be better than this?

10. tara says:

i want to use chicken breasts and turn on before work and leave on low for the day. When would you suggest adding the rootbeer? When I get home and leave while cooking rice and veggies?

11. James says:

If I were to cook this on low, how long would I cook it for. I’m wanting to start it in the morning, and finish it up when I get home?

• Heidi says:

Hi James ~ if you’d rather, you can cook it on ‘Low’ for twice as long without draining the juices. I like to drain the juices to keep the sauce nice and thick, but adding all ingredients at the beginning would work as well… you’ll just end up with a thinner sauce. Hope that helps! ;)

12. Samantha C says:

Would it work if you cook the chicken on low for 6 hours?

13. Linda says:

Will the combination of the Root Beer and Sweet Ray’s make this a real sweet sauce? My grandson loves Root Beer /BQ sauce but, he doesn’t like it sweet. Any ideas? Love your recipes !

14. Debbie H says:

I was wondering if you could diet root beer?