Add a Santa Fe flair to your chicken dinner with this easy Crockpot Southwest Chicken Recipe!
Who said cooking a whole chicken was hard?? Make some serious friends at the dinner table tonight with this ultimate Crock Pot Southwest Chicken Recipe!
This Santa Fe style whole chicken is seasoned with the perfect amount of spice, and the perfect addition to your menu this week!
Southwest Chicken Recipe
- Whole Chicken, approx. 4 – 5 pounds
- 2 packets of Chicken Fajitas Seasoning (1 oz. packets) OR use a double batch of this Homemade Fajita Seasoning
- 1 white Onion, sliced
- Rinse chicken, remove innards and pat dry with paper towels.
- Generously add rub to outside of chicken.
- Place ½ of sliced onion inside of chicken.
- Place chicken in resealable bag overnight to marinate. (optional)
- The next day, place remaining sliced onions on bottom of a 6 - 7 quart Crockpot, then place your chicken on top.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours, or until done.
- Use thermometer in thick portion of breast to verify if chicken is done at 165 degrees Enjoy!!
Still hungry?? Check out more yummy Crockpot Whole Chicken Recipes below…
Need a Crockpot? Score a deal with these Crock Pots on Sale!
Don’t miss out on anything! Catch all the latest fun new Frugal Girls Recipes, Tips + more right here…