Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken Recipe

Kung Pao Sauce Crockpot Chicken Recipe

On the hunt for another tasty Crockpot Meal??

This tasty Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken dish is full of sauce, spice, heat, and zing… and delicious served over rice!!

• 6 – 7 Small to Medium Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, thawed
  • 1/4 cup of Pineapple Preserves
  • 1 bottle of Panda Express Kung Pao Sauce {18.75 oz.}
  • 1 Red Pepper
  • 1 Green Pepper
  • Green Onions, chopped
  • Crockpot

Crockpots on Sale

Kung Pao SaucePin It Buttons

• Cook chicken in crockpot on high for 3 hours {covered}
  • After 3 hours, drain juices from crockpot
  • Remove chicken, chop into cubes, then return to crockpot.
  • Chop Red Pepper and Green Pepper, and set aside.
  • Mix together Pineapple Preserves and Kung Pao Sauce
  • Pour sauce mixture and chopped peppers over chicken, stir well, and cook on high for 30 more minutes {covered}
  • Serve over rice and garnish with chopped Green Onions.

That’s it ~ now wasn’t that easy?? Serve over rice and enjoy the spicy flood of flavor and heat!

Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken is so simple to make! Give this crockpot meal a try, and see what you think!

Thanks for supporting The Frugal Girls!

Craving more delicious Asian-inspired Recipes??  Check out these below…

Easy Crockpot Orange Chicken!

Crockpot Orange Chicken

Button - The Frugal Girls on Instagram
Button - The Frugal Girls Email Updates
Button - The Frugal Girls on Facebook
Button - The Frugal Girls on Google+

8 Responses to Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken Recipe

1. Tina says:

4 out of 5 Spoons – i added almost a 1/2C of pineapple preserves – it really did help cut the ‘bitterness’ of the bottled sauce – might add some celery, next time – and don’t forget the peanuts for the top ! :D will make again !

2. Michelle Hamby says:

I made this for dinner tonight and it was really good and super easy to make. Thanks for another great recipe!

3. Melanie says:

I couldn’t find pineapple preserves anywhere. Anything else I can use?

4. Kira says:

This was very delicious! I couldn’t find pineapple preserves so I used orange marmalade and found it to be a great substitute.

5. Nicole says:

This was delicious!!! Easily a replacement for ordering Chinese. And much much cheaper than Chinese To Go for 6!!!
    I added onions and celery since I had both and always looking for ways to add extra veggies. Someone mentioned adding peanuts. I thought that sounded good but then neglected to get them while at the store.
    I cooked the chicken the night before, cut it up into pieces, placed into Gladware along with the rest of the ingredients overnight. Threw into the crockpot together the next day while preparing the rice. (I prefer to cook multiple items while in the kitchen). The veggies still had some crunch which I prefer. My son said the exact opposite. If it were cooked longer or if the veggies were cooked before hand, it would make them softer.
    It is a lovely meal and one I will use frequently! I can’t wait to try more from you girls!!
    Thank you for sharing them!!
    Blessings!!
    Nicole

6. Ali says:

Can I put all ingredients into the crock pot, and put it on low for 8 hours while I’m at work?