This easy Grasshopper Pie Recipe is perfect for parties, holidays or even Saturday afternoon!
Grasshopper Pie Recipe
- 1½ cups coarsely chopped oreo cookies (remove the icing centres first) See instructions.
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup Creme de Menthe
- 1½ cups whipping cream
- chocolate shavings
- First, remove all the icing centres of your Oreo cookies (about ½ a package), and using a food processor, coarsely grind the chocolate cookie parts up. Or if you are feeling really adventurous, keep the icing in! It will just make your dessert more sweet…maybe too sweet? (is that even possible?!)
- In a saucepan, melt the marshmallows with the milk over low heat. Then chill the mixture, stirring it occasionally, until mixture begins to set.
- Once the marshmallow mix has cooled and set, stir in the Creme de Menthe. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Then fold the whipped cream into the mint mixture. Set aside.
- Now it’s time to put the pies together!
- For the crust, evenly spread the cookie mixture into the bottoms of your 5 mini mason jars, then pack it down.
- Add the mint mixture on top of the cookie mixture, evenly spreading it out between the 5 jars.
- If you like, top the mini pies with a little dollop of whip cream, and some chocolate shavings. I just grated some semi-sweet chocolate, and sprinkled it on.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!
Thanks so much for reading! I hope you can stop by A Pretty Life in the Suburbs sometime and see what else I’ve been creating!
Be sure to also check out this BIG List of Creative Gifts in a Jar!