Like it? Pin it!
Hi I’m Jo-Anna and I blog over at A Pretty Life in the Suburbs.
I blog about all things crafty, pretty & delicious!
I’m super excited to guest post over here at The Frugal Girls!!
So today, I bring you No Bake Mini Grasshopper Pies!
I wanted to show you something that would be a great treat for St. Patrick’s Day, or even Earth Day!
The green colour and the mint makes them super fun for these two occasions!
Growing up, I seem to remember that at many of our family get togethers there was always a Grasshopper Pie! I loved them! But since then I haven’t seen one, or even had a little bite of one! Maybe it was a pie of the times? So I thought, then why not make one for my family?
So I made one…but I made it even cuter. In jars. One for everyone! So fun.
They’re simple to make, and your family is sure to love them…they’re a special touch that they’ll appreciate!
Minty. Creamy. Chocolatey!
No Bake Mini Grasshopper Pies
(This recipe will make 5 mini pies)
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped oreo cookies (remove the icing centres first) See instructions.
3 cups mini marshmallows
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup Creme de Menthe
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
5 mini mason jars
- First, remove all the icing centres of your Oreo cookies (about 1/2 a package), and using a food processor, coarsely grind the chocolate cookie parts up. Or if you are feeling really adventurous, keep the icing in! It will just make your dessert more sweet…maybe too sweet? (is that even possible?!)
- In a saucepan, melt the marshmallows with the milk over low heat. Then chill the mixture, stirring it occasionally, until mixture begins to set.
- Once the marshmallow mix has cooled and set, stir in the Creme de Menthe. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Then fold the whipped cream into the mint mixture. Set aside.
- For the crust, evenly spread the cookie mixture into the bottoms of your mason jars, then pack it down.
- Add the mint mixture on top of the cookie mixture, evenly spreading it out between the 5 jars.
- If you like, top the mini pies with a little dollop of whip cream, and some chocolate shavings. I just grated some semi-sweet chocolate, and sprinkled it on.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Thanks so much for reading! I hope you can stop by A Pretty Life in the Suburbs sometime and see what else I’ve been creating!
Be sure to also check out this BIG List of Creative Gifts in a Jar!