How to Make Oh-So-Cute Peeps Cupcakes!

Peeps Cupcakes Recipe

On the hunt for a fun Easter Treat??  How about making some Peeps Cupcakes!!

As you know, I recently had waaaay too much fun at a cookie & cupcake decorating class, and especially fell in love with the Wilton Grass Tip… {which was around $1 at my Jo-Ann’s}…

I spotted some Peeps bunnies at the store the other day, and started thinking that some Peeps Cupcakes would make pretty cute {and tasty} treats! Here’s what I came up with…

First, you’ll want to bake up some cupcakes.  I used white cake mix, with white liners…

While the cupcakes are baking, go whip up some Buttercream Icing.  {go here for the Wilton Buttercream Icing Recipe that I use}

Place the icing in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use, then rewhip before using.  Insert the icing into your pastry bag {or ziploc}, attach the Wilton Grass Tip and Coupler, Squeeze a bit to get out any air bubbles, and you’re ready to frost!

Go here for some Wilton tips on piping grass ~ practice a bit on an ‘experimental’ cupcake first… you’ll get the hang of it in no time!

{and remember… grass isn’t perfect, so your cupcakes don’t have to be either!} ;)

After you’ve frosted your cupcakes, go grab your lil’ Peeps Bunnies…  aww ~ they’re so sweet and innocent looking, aren’t they??

Well, they don’t know it, but it’s time to give ‘em a little pokey-pokey to help them stand tall ~ so gently separate them from their buddies, then poke them with a toothpick, like this…

Now, just pop the toothpick down into the center of the grassy cupcake, and you’re done!  Wasn’t that easy??

Now most importantly… have FUN ~ and go make a little village of them…

In addition to decorating the cupcakes with Peeps, you could also add some jelly beans or mini eggs to the center of the cupcakes, like the ones I made a few weeks agoThanks for supporting The Frugal Girls!

Be sure to also check out these fun party-pleaser Peeps Recipes!

Peeps Fruit Kabobs!

Easter Peeps Fruit Kabobs

Oh-So Cute Peeps Cupcakes!

Peeps-Cupcakes-Recipe

Peeps Pudding Pies

Peeps Pies Recipe

Easy-Peasy Peeps Sunflower Cake

Peeps Sunflower Cake Recipe

Find more Fun Inspiration with The Frugal Girls here:

Button - The Frugal Girls on Pinterest
Button - The Frugal Girls on Instagram
Button - The Frugal Girls Email Updates
Button - The Frugal Girls on Facebook
Button - The Frugal Girls on Google+

Are you making any fun {or yummy} Easter Treats this year??

Leave a comment & share!

40 Responses to How to Make Oh-So-Cute Peeps Cupcakes!

1. livefamilylife says:

These cupcakes are so cute. Thank you for sharing this.

• Jenny H. says:

Adorable!! I think I will give them a try!

• Thanks for the awesome idea for Bunny Cupcakes. I cannot wait to make them with my grandaughters…Getting the icing recipe is a super bonus too..I have been wanting a good icing recipe for so long…I don’t like using the ready made icings.

• Nancy says:

The Wilton recipe is a nofail… I have used the same recipe since I was about 16 and well thats 20+ years ago. However it is sweet. If you use the basic recipe and add some peanutbutter it is totally awesome

• jabreu says:

this is perfect for my daughters class party! thanks

• Sandy Stimers says:

All ingredients bought. So excited to make them with my daughter and grandkids. Bought a cupcake stand a Walmart to display them on. Taking them to an Easter Egg hunt for a snack.

2. Elle says:

Ridiculously cute!!!

3. Holly says:

Thanks for this recipe..I am making these for my kids for Easter. I love your website!

4. Stacy says:

Going to make these for our family get together!! Thank you for a wonderful and ADORABLE idea!

5. Patti says:

what a cute idea. Not only for Easter, but I can see making variations appropriate for other holidays (they do make “peeps style” marshmallow turkeys and Christmas trees, for example).

6. Debbie says:

I bet the chick peeps would be adorable also! I might just make some of these for the kids at church.

7. erin says:

I am going to try these, but am going to use dyed coconut for the grass instead and chocolate cupcakes like they are dirt! fun times!

8. Corrie says:

So cute!! Love it I’m gonna make them too!!

9. Kate says:

Love them! Adorable and simple- definitely going to do these this weekend! Thanks for sharing :)

10. Michelle says:

I’m making these today for my mom’s birthday but adding lemon filling on the inside for a sweet surprise.

11. Gena B says:

Those are so stinkin’ cute! I always have a million Peeps lying around before, during and after Easter and now I have something to do with them besides eat them straight outta the package! =)

12. Cheryl says:

How cute!! Love them! Think I’ll try them with the chicken peeps as well. Thank you so much for the great, clear directions.

13. Patty Edmonson says:

These are so cute and I am sure will be fun for me and my grandaughter to make. TY!!

14. Andrea D says:

Can you make these the day before or will the peeps get hard? Would covering them help or would the cupcakes get soggy

15. Lena says:

They turned out super cute!!! Just modified them a bit: instead of using a peep bunny with a tooth-pick, I just smushed a chick peep in the “grass” since I don’t trust my junior high students with sharp pointy things. They LOVED them!!!

16. Julie says:

Just made these – so cute! Thank you for the idea! Kind of a silly question, as I am new to baking – Does the icing need to be refrigerated or are these okay to leave out overnight?

Thanks!

17. Sally says:

Thanks for such cute cupcake idea. I am a class mom for my Kindergartener and I will be making these for the Easter Class Party…I know these will be a winner !!

18. Sally says:

Please post any cute inexpensive Easter crafts that can be made for the kids. Thank you so much !!

19. Jen says:

super cute! I think you should just add a few jelly beans too ;) then we’re talkin’!

20. laura says:

I pinned this on pinterest and it was so popular! It has been repinned over 600 times in one day. Hope you get some foot traffic and extra sign ups!!