Crockpot Peach Butter Recipe

Crockpot Peach Butter Recipe

Pin It ButtonsFollowing is a fun Gift in a Jar Idea and guest post
from my sweet friend ~ Katie Tevis… enjoy!!

We are fortunate to have a farmer’s market right at the bottom of our hill, and a nearby apple orchard, pumpkin patch, and peach orchard. Since I haven’t grown a garden recently, I try to take advantage of these great local businesses and can some goodies for the upcoming winter. When my mom dropped off a bushel of peaches one evening, I froze several bags, canned about 19 jars, and made some peach butter.

I had never made peach butter before, but it is so delicious and can be made right in your Crock Pot! That’s my kind of cooking! c-: Bradley and I have been enjoying some on peanut butter sandwiches this week. Here’s how to make your own:

Homemade Peach Butter Recipes

HOMEMADE PEACH BUTTER
Adapted from PickYourOwn.org

Ingredients:

• 15 ripe freestone peaches
  • 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon cloves
  • 1/4 teaspoon allspice
  • 1-1/2 cups sugar

Directions:

Bring a pot of water to a boil, and place peaches in the water for 1 minute. This works better if you’re using ripe peaches that are ready to eat.

Recipe Peach Butter

Using a slotted spoon, place the peaches into a bowl of ice water for 2 minutes. Then, slide the skins right off! I do this with tomatoes as well. Or you can use a regular peeler and skip the boiling/ice method. Whatever strikes your fancy. c-:

Peach Recipe

Cut the peaches into slices, and place in blender. Blend until smooth.

Peach Recipes

Place the pureed peaches into your Crock Pot, and top with cinnamon, cloves, allspice, and sugar. Cook on low until it reaches the thickness you want. Anywhere from 3-6 hours is good.

Peaches

I used half-pint jars, and left about 1/4 – 1/2 an inch at the top. Then I wiped the top edge of the jars to make sure it was nice and clean. I want those lids to seal well!

Recipes Peach Butter

I keep the lids in hot water until I’m ready to use them. So once the jars are filled with peach butter, I put the hot lids on them and place them in a hot water bath. I make sure the jars are covered by an inch or two of boiling water, and and let them cook for 15 minutes.

Peach Canning Recipe

Next, you’ll lift the jars out of the boiling water, preferably with one of these nifty gadgets, and let them cool overnight so the jars aren’t touching. You can make sure they sealed correctly by pressing your fingers on the lid. If it doesn’t pop up and down, you’re golden!

Canning Peach Recipe

If you’re giving your jars away as gifts, you can place a sticker on the front, or loosen the lid and put some pretty fabric underneath. If you’re keeping them for yourself, get ready to bake some homemade biscuits and eat up! Or if you’re like my son, you’ll eat right out of the jar with a spoon. c-: Enjoy!

What types of things do you enjoy canning?

Or do you have a yummy canning recipe?

Leave a comment & share!

Gifts in a Jar at TheFrugalGirls.com

20 Responses to Crockpot Peach Butter Recipe

1. Always glad to share on The Frugal Girls. Thanks for the invite, Heidi!

2. Angela says:

My mouth is watering! Gonna have to try this for sure! Thank you Katie!!!

3. Stacey says:

Do you use a pressure cooker or just a large pot with enough water to cover 1-2 inches??

4. Angela, you’re very welcome. I’m glad you enjoyed. c-:

5. Stacey,

With this, it is ok to use the water bath method where you just use a pot that’s large enough to cover the jars by 1-2 inches.

I put my jars in the dishwasher on the sanitize cycle when I’m getting ready to can something. It washes, dries, and keeps them really hot until I’m ready to use them. I have never had one crack.

Then for the lids, just keep them in a saucepan with water that’s almost boiling, and take out one by one as you need them. I used some clean tongs, but they have a little magnetic gadget that’s made specifically for that.

6. Katie I just canned my first batch of salsa and think I may have a new addiction (as if I have time for that) This sounds delicious! We LOVE peach butter!

7. Tulsapunkin says:

I love your site….if possible, could you make your instructions on crafts…receipes….etc. in print form..

8. Heidi says:

Hi Tulsapunkin ~ you can actually print a printer-friendly version of all posts. When you’re on the specific post… all you’ll need to do is click on the little printer icon at the bottom of the post {just to the right of the little Twitter ‘t’}.

Hope that helps!! ;)

9. Vaunella says:

Excited to try this recipe. Just had a couple questions…. Do you use ground cloves and do you cook it in the crockpot covered or uncovered? Thanks!

• Theresa says:

Was wondering the same thing…making a batch as I type and started with the lid on…but it’s still very “thin” and it’s been 4 hours (and it’s smelling AMAZING!)…going to do the remainder time with the lid off.

10. Stacey says:

I have a batch of this in my crock pot right now. I was wondering though when you actually mix in the sugar and spices. The recipe says to top the peach puree with the sugar and spices but does not specify when to mix them in. It smells so good! Thank you so much for the wonderful recipe!! :)

11. Brittany Turco says:

Could you substitute the peaches for apples?

12. Stefanie says:

Looks good, I will try. Do you add lemon juice to the peach butter before the hot water bath?

• Erin owens says:

Can’t answer your question, but have u made this peach butter yet? I’m looking for a peach filling for beignets to enter in my town’s peach cook-off. I think this may work! I plan to roll the beignets in cinnamon and sugar and serve fresh peaches on top. If u have already tried it, do you think this recipe would work well with my entry?

• Erin owens says:

The peaches on top will have pecan praline sauce over them also.

13. yolanda says:

Can you use freezer jars and freeze instead of regular canning method?

14. BethAnn says:

I made this but it is not as thick as I’d like it to be. Any ideas on how to thicken it?

15. Linda Jones says:

Have you ever made peach pit jelly with the left over skins and pits? On the canning blogs it seems to be popular. Not sure about it.

16. Linda Honeycutt says:

I have peaches that I have put up in the freezer. Do you know how many cups is equivalent to 15 peaches??? Thank you

17. Cassie says:

Making this right now, it just went into the hot water bath. I had mine in the crockpot for a little 6 hours before it got to be the consistency I wanted, but my peaches were super juicy. I also mixed all the sugar and spices in it from the beginning, and stirred it a few more times as it thickened. I used pint jars, since walmart didn’t have any regular half-pint jars, and it filled 7 perfectly, with enough left over for a couple of pieces of peach-butter bread:)