Who knew making your own Tzatziki Sauce was so simple? You’ll love this easy Greek Tzatziki Sauce Recipe!
My family absolutely adores Greek Food Recipes, and one of our favorites is this delicious Greek Tzatziki Sauce Recipe to serve with different variations of Chicken or Gyro Pitas.
There is something very appealing about being able to make your very own Tzatziki Sauce!
Make your own tasty Greek Tzatziki Sauce in a snap with this easy recipe and give your menu a little Mediterranean flair! I promise… it’s easier than you think!
So easy… so delicious… so tempting! Are you ready to make some homemade Tzatziki Sauce? Here’s what you’ll do…
Greek Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup Fage Total Greek Yogurt (plain)
- ½ of fresh and firm Cucumber, drained (see instructions below to drain Cucumber)
- 2 small cloves of Garlic, peeled
- 1½ tsp fresh squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped Dill
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Pepper
- Peel skin from entire Cucumber.
- Chop off ends and slice in half, down length of Cucumber. Using a spoon, scoop out all of the seeds down the center.
- Roughly chop Cucumber and place pieces in colander, lightly salting each layer. (use 1 tsp Salt)
- Place Collander in sink with 2 plates resting on top of Cucumber pieces. Leave Collander in sink for 30-40 minutes, then remove and pat Cucumber pieces dry with paper towels. See… that wasn’t so hard after all!
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend well.
- Pour contents into bowl and cover.
- Chill contents for 1-2 hours before serving.
- Serve over grilled chicken, chopped tomato, white onion and romaine lettuce, on a pita. Enjoy!
Craving more delicious Greek Recipes? Get inspired below…
Use this Greek Chicken Marinade Recipe, together with the
Greek Tzatziki Sauce Recipe above for making Pitas!
Be sure to also check out even more delicious Easy Homemade Sauce Recipes!
Don’t miss out! Follow along for more fun with The Frugal Girls here…
Tried the Greek Tzatziki Sauce?
Share with us in the comments below!