Crockpot Dr. Pepper BBQ Chicken Recipe!

Crockpot Dr. Pepper BBQ Chicken Recipe from TheFrugalGirls.com

On the hunt for another yummy Crockpot Meal and Delicious Dinner Recipe??

You’re going to love Crockpot Dr. Pepper BBQ Chicken… it’s oh-so-easy to make, and absolutely delicious!

• 4 – 5 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, thawed
  • One 18 oz. Bottle Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauce
  • 1/2 Can Dr. Pepper {approx. 6 oz.}
  • Crockpot

Crockpots on Sale

Crockpot Dr. Pepper BBQ Chicken Recipe at TheFrugalGirls.com

• Cook chicken in crockpot on high for 3 hours {covered}
  • After 3 hours, drain juices from crockpot
  • Mix together Dr. Pepper and BBQ Sauce
  • Pour mixture over chicken, and cook on high for 30 more minutes {covered}, or until done.

That’s it ~ now wasn’t that easy??  Serve with Rice, Easy Seasoned JoJo’s, Rolls with Cinnamon Honey Butter, or some Heavenly Hashbrown Casserole as a tasty side!

Crockpot Dr. Pepper Barbecue Chicken Recipe at TheFrugalGirls.comPin It Post Buttons

Crockpot Dr Pepper Chicken Recipe from TheFrugalGirls.comPin It Buttons

Thanks for supporting The Frugal Girls!

On the hunt for more Crockpot Recipes??  Here are more you’ll LOVE!

Crockpot Orange Chicken

Crockpot Pineapple Mandarin Chicken Recipe - from The Frugal Girls

Crockpot Honey Mustard BBQ Chicken

Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe

Crockpot Baked Potatoes

Crockpot Baked-Potatoes

Proverbs 3-5

Comments

• Heidi says

Hi Ana ~ that’s correct. It won’t stick or burn, because it will end up cooking in the juices it releases. Hope that helps! ;)

1. Danielle says

Will this work with other cuts of chicken? My husband is far from a fan of boneless/skinless breast. :-/ Skinless drumsticks, boneless/skinless thighs, or maybe even whole leg quarters maybe? Thanks!

• Heidi says

Hi Danielle ~ absolutely! Just keep an eye on the cooking time depending on which cut of meat you choose. Drumsticks typically cook for close to the same time, but I’ve had thighs cook a bit faster. ENJOY! ;)

2. Beth says

I used frozen chicken breasts, put all three ingredients in at once and cooked on low for 6 hours. Incredible!!

• says

Hi Heather ~ absolutely… you can do that as well! I like to drain the juices first to make a thicker sauce, but it would definitely work to do it this way, too! :) ENJOY!!

• Heidi says

Hi Daniela ~ absolutely! Simply shred with 2 forks after it is done cooking, then return to crockpot and stir around in the extra sauce for some delicious flavor! ;)

3. Amanda says

I just made this and it’s pretty delicious! They’re really juicy. I used the same brand of BBQ sauce (it’s my fav) but in the brown sugar flavor.
    For those wondering about making it pulled chicken it would probably work pretty well. I cooked it about 45 minutes after draining and adding the sauce mixture just because I was tied up with something else until then. When I tried to pick up one of the smaller breasts with a fork it practically fell apart. The bigger ones didn’t do this as much so maybe if it cooked a tad longer or on low for a bit.
    Thanks for the easy, yummy recipe! I’ll definitely be trying some of the others.

4. Michelle says

Hi there! I’m definitely not a expert cook so I’m not sure how to figure this out.. I want to make this recipe for a pot luck at work. I need use way more then 5 chicken breast. How much more time do I need to take up to cook. Do I just triple the amount of ingredients. Sincerely, worse cook ever! Lol

5. Rachel says

Hello! I just wanted to stop by and leave a comment to say 1. I will definitely be trying this tonight, it looks great! And 2, most importantly, one of your pictures, it has the salvation of the world written on it and I am happy to call you all family in Him… Just wanted to point out to you that your hidden message has been seen, and it will not go placed in vain. So encouraging to see it. Thank you my friends!!

6. amanda says

Do drain the chicken juice and then add the bbs sauce and soda? Or do you discard it and just. use the soda & bbq?

• Heidi says

Hi Amanda ~ you’ll drain and discard the chicken juice, then cover the chicken with the BBQ Sauce/Soda mixture. That way you’ll have a nice sauce that’s thick, flavorful and not watered down. Hope that helps! :)

• Amanda Long says

I also wanted to know about the texture of the chicken. I would still like it to be solid and not fall apart like shredded chicken, I was also wondering if I could bake this.