With the Holidays upon us, we all could you a little pie, right?! I love pie but usually only make fruit pies. Well guess what? I found a super easy AND delicious way to make pie. A Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Recipe!
I decided to try combining the very versatile Cool Whip with some different fillings and I came up with a few fabulous pies that I’ll be posting soon as a “Dream Pie Series”, so make sure to come back often for more pie. My first pie in the new Dream Pie series was a Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Pie because let’s face it, there’s not too much better in life than the delicious combination of chocolate and peanut butter!
- 25 Oreo cookies
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup peanut butter (I use Skippy, creamy)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz container Cool Whip
- In a food processor crush up the cookies until they are a fine sand texture. Don’t worry about the filling it just kind of disappears.
- Add the melted butter and stir until it resembles wet sand.
- Press the cookie mixture tightly into a 9 inch pie plate, making sure to go all the way up the sides.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- After the crust has chilled, in a medium bowl beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add Cool whip and mix until completely incorporated and smooth.
- Pour into chilled pie crust and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
- Optional – Place a large dollop of Cool Whip in center of pie before slicing.