Apple Pecan Dump Cake Recipe

Apple Pecan Dump Cake

Pin It Post Buttons

Following is a fabulous Apple Recipe and
guest post by Carrie at Saving4Six… enjoy!!

I love Fall for many reasons but Apple picking, cooking, and eating are three of my top loves.  Heading out to the apple orchard is a memory we try to make every year with our kids.  It’s so much fun to do, plus the apples taste much better and you can enjoy trying them all along your picking route!  One of the recipes I enjoy making with my yummy apples is this Apple Pecan Dump Cake.

It’s easy, delicious, and perfect for the season.

Here’s what you need:

Apple Pecan Dump Cake RecipePin It Buttons

Apple Pecan Dump Cake
Butter Pecan Cake Mix
5 cups Apple Pie Filling (I make my own but if you want to use canned, you will need 2-21oz. cans)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) margarine or butter
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

-Pour Apple Pie filling into the bottom of a 9×13 pan.

-In a small bowl, mix cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.

-Then sprinkle the spices on top of the apple pie filling.
-Pour the Butter Pecan Cake Mix on top of the spices.

-Cut the butter and place small pieces over the top of the cake mix.  Be sure to cover as much of the cake mix as possible.  This will soak into the mix and make a yummy topping.

-Pour the chopped pecans on the top.

-Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 45 minutes to an hour or until the top is a nice golden brown and the sides are bubbling. (Mine takes closer to an hour, but every oven is different.)

Enjoy warm with ice cream or whipped cream.  YUM…YUM!!!

Carrie is a wife and mother who’s Saving4Six.  She looks for creative ways to stretch a buck while feeding teenagers, fixing up her 100 year old home, and making many memories with the family.  You can check out her antics at Saving4Six.com or visit her at Facebook, or Pinterest.

Craving more Delicious Apple Recipes??  Get inspired below…

Crockpot Apple Cider

Crockpot Apple Cider Recipe at TheFrugalGirls.com

Easy Crockpot Applesauce

Easy Crockpot Applesauce Recipe at TheFrugalGirls.com

Apple Bread Recipe

Apple Bread Recipe

Peanut Butter Nutella Apple Nachos

Peanut Butter Nutella Apple Nachos

Crockpot Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal

Crockpot Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Recipe

10 Responses to Apple Pecan Dump Cake Recipe

1. Robin says:

this seems like alot of filling for a 9×13″ dish. I make this recipe with peaches on the bottom only using one large can and one stick of butter. Maybe use a larger dish? Do you make your filling by stewing the apples with butter?

• Lela Fox says:

To Robin– I make a cake similar to this and always use 2 cans of fruit. It is not too much fruit at all. there is really not much fruit in 1 21 oz. can.
      Another lady, Diane asked if u put the cake mix on dry and the answer is yes.

2. Where do you find this cake mix butter pecan I have never seen one in my store but it does sound good . I make dump cakes all the time but this one is new to me.

3. Treena Johnson says:

Yes, a recipe for pie filing would be sooooo great!! Thanks a ton!!!

4. Darlene M. Gates says:

I am having a Tupperware party on the 20th of this month, I want to make it a autumn theme, I believe I will be making this dump cake, it looks delicious,I never made a dump cake so I will have to practice first..Thanks..

5. Susan says:

You can also use Duncan Hines Yellow cake mix Butter recipe & melt the stick of butter to pour on top of dry cake mix. I use pumpkin pie spice & cinnamon in the Fall

6. Kay says:

Pie filling mix: melt butter probaby about 1/4 stick when melted add apples and stir on medium/low after few minutes I add 2 cups of brown sugar and cinnamon to taste but, I had about 12 cups of apples, I added enough sugar to my liking! Cook down several mins and its done! I put in container and use it as you need it, can be frozen!

7. Kathleen says:

I know it’s been awhile … but I’d like to comment: many Bloggers answer questions & comments personally … I’ve received emails from very kind Blog writers who do just that & actually now have personal relationships with some. It’s rather harsh to make broad judgments about Bloggers, just because a prompt answer wasn’t given. Actually other readers usually address issues & answer questions ~ in this case, quite satisfactorily ~ which often happens before the Blogger even has a chance to do so. I’d like to see a little more *patience* with someone generously sharing a recipe that looks & sounds absolutely delicious!