Gooey Blueberry Angel Food Cake Dessert Recipe {2 ingredients!}

Angel Food Berry Cake 2 ingredients

What’s dinner without a tasty dessert??  If you’re looking for a fun Angel Food Berry Dessert, I’ve got just the thing… Gooey Blueberry Angel Food Cake!

Not only is this twist on angel food cake oh-so-yummy… it’s super easy ~ I’m talking 2 ingredients easy!!

• 1 box of Betty Crocker Angel Food Cake Mix  {I only use the Betty Crocker brand.  Do NOT use brands that have 2 mixes, like a cake mix and an egg mix… you’ll end up with the wrong consistency}.
  • 1 can of Berry Pie Filling {blackberry, blueberry, etc.} ~ approx. 22 oz.

Mix powder cake mix and pie filling together…
{don’t add any other ingredients}
Place in 9×13 ungreased baking dish…
Bake at 350 degrees for 28 – 30 minutes.
Mmm… just look at the yummy finished product…

Note:  It’s common for the cake to fall in the middle a bit after cooking… and that’s okay ~ it won’t be the consistency of your traditional angel food cake, but it WILL be a gooey blueberry tasty treat!

After cake has cooled, slice and serve warm, topped with whipped cream. It’s delish… I promise!

2-Ingredient Pineapple Angel Food Fluff Cake

134 Responses to Gooey Blueberry Angel Food Cake Dessert Recipe {2 ingredients!}

1. Rachel says:

Do you mix the cake mix with all the ingredients it calls for or just the pie filling? Sounds yummy!!!

• Brittni says:

Yes, JUST THE PIE FILLING AND THE CAKE MIX. Nothing else. TWO THINGS. Mix’em.

I’ve tried this with cherry pie filling and it was delish, also!

• Diane says:

I made this with a can of crushed pineapple (same size can) juice and all…it was delish…
        Mixed a small container of cool whip 1/2 c, of sliced almond and 1/2 cup coconut and put a scoop on top to serve…it was very yummy.

• Marta says:

it’s great with pineapple too… next time i want to add coconut with the pineapple :-)

• sherri says:

I was wondering if you used pumpkin pie filling with some spices like cinnamon and etc. would work too?

• Annie says:

My husband started making pumpkin muffins like this. He uses a box of yellow or white cake mix and a can of pumpkin pie (like you mentioned). Then add pumpkin pie spice and mix it all together and bake in muffin pans. So, your idea works.

• Carla says:

You can make the muffins using a spice cake mix and cut out the need for adding anything else. I’ve made 2 ingredient pumpkin muffins that way for years!

• Lindsey V. says:

You should try making this with lemon pie filling! So good.

Just mix a package of one-step angel food cake with one can of lemon pie filling and bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Bake in an UNgreased 9×13 pan.

• Sue says:

I found this cake kinda sinks in the middle and to prevent this I have turned it upside down to cool like you do angel food cakes and it worked great..it is now consistent … I have little handles on the side of my pan and set it up on the edge so the top of cake doesnt touch counter

• Bianca says:

Had it today as breakfast, so yummy and great warm. I just served it with some almonds on the side and a cup of coffee. Closed my eyes and felt like I was in Starbucks heaven….

2. Allison M. says:

Just the cake powder mix and berry filling? No need to actually prepare the cake mix?

3. Whitney @ Coupon Wonder Mom says:

OH.MY.GOODNESS! This looks delicious, I seriously have to make this! I always love the recipes you post!

4. Amy says:

That looks awesome! Does it work with other fruit too?

5. Heidi @ The Frugal Girls! says:

Yes… I know it sounds too easy to be true, but you just mix the cake powder mix and the pie filling {don't add any other ingredients}. :)

6. Anonymous says:

Great with crushed pineapple, too. Got the recipe from Weight Watchers!

• Sarah says:

How many Points plus is a serving? How many servings does WW say is in the pan?

• Sue Powell says:

If you make it with a 22 oz. can of crushed pineapple, you can cook it in a large angel food cake pan. If cut into 12 pieces, it counts 0 points if you eat 1 slice a day. Cool one to two hours before removing from the pan. You can serve it with a little cool whip and some sliced strawberries or cut up fresh pineapple.

• CINDY says:

thank you! i was hoping someone was going to figure out the PP. :) have you all tried the recipe using cake mix with the diet soda?

• Mikki says:

I just looked the WW points up (because I want to make it), and it’s 5 points a slice. 4 if you use crushed pineapple instead. Sue, I’m confused. Where did you get 0 points from? Are you using the simply filling technique?

• Rebecca says:

I just calculated all the numbers out. If you do it with EITHER the pie filling OR the pineapple, 24 servings, is 2 old points or 2 points plus. No way this is 0 pts with all that sugar. I manually added this. As the other person said, if you make it 12 servings, that would bump the points up x2, or 4 old points or 5 points plus because of the sugars. Just a FYI, wouldn’t want someone to mess up their weight loss because of this error.

• Catherine says:

Yes, my daughter makes it with crushed pineapple and it is AWESOME!!!!! Love the super easy Weight Watchers desserts!

7. Civilla says:

Oh, that looks FANTASTIC! I'll have to try that!

8. Melissa says:

It was GREAT – and how crazy is 2 ingredients! Thanks

9. clallen says:

wow, this sounds easy and amazingly good.

10. Katie says:

Wow I can't believe that recipe, I'm going to have to try that one too! I have some many great things here!

11. Alexis AKA MOM says:

What a GREAT idea! Love it, and I bet my boys would love it. Thanks so much for sharing, stopping by from TMTT :)

12. SnoWhite says:

how easy is that… and yummy looking to!

wonderful.

13. mom2priceboys says:

Any pie filling I suppose or a can of pineapple any way,this has to be good!! Thanks for sharing.
    I bet all ingredients were under $4for 12 nice servings?

14. Donna says:

Making this for Easter dinner tomorrow! Using strawberry pie filling! And together, it cost about $6 and some change (pie filling, other than apple or cherry, isn’t that cheap!)! Hope it’s great… will update ;)

15. Amber Prestriedge says:

Thank you i just made it and i loved it… :) so easy to make!!!

16. Jennifer says:

Do you think this would work in a bunt pan?

• Sue LeDuc says:

I tried it in a regular angel food cake pan – cooked it at 350 for 45 minutes, and it was mush! – fell right out of the pan when I turned it upside down like I always do with angel food cakes. Stick to the pan they suggested! :)

17. kristin says:

I have been making a cake like this for years. You can use any box of cake mix, and I usually use a can of whole-berry cranberry sauce. You can also substitute the fruit filling for a container of yogurt. It makes a wondersul cake for trifles too!

18. Kim says:

I made this with apple pie filling and dutch apple pie topping. DELISH!

19. Allie says:

Would you drain the crushed pineapple?

20. Amy says:

Just ran across this recipe after noticing I’ve had an Angel Food Cake mix in the pantry for quite awhile now along with a can of apple pie filling I don’t remember buying. Anyway, I just mixed this up, and it’s in the oven as I type this. It sure couldn’t be easier, and I have no doubt that it’s delicious. Can’t wait to try it! Thanks!