Summer is almost here!! So you know you’ll be seeing those cute kids on the sidewalk selling their lemonade! Me? Well… I like pink lemonade, and the big thing this year seems to be adding it to cupcakes! You could so do this with plain lemonade or even maybe a lemon cake with pink lemonade frosting…so many options and really that’s what summer is all about!
Pink Lemonade Cupcake Recipe
- 1 box white cake mix
- ¾ cup defrosted pink lemonade concentrate
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup oil
- 4 egg whites
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients.
- I also added a very small amount of coloring gel.
- I really wanted to use pink but the store only had rose.
- It was very bright and fun. I also didn’t stir the coloring in completely so there was still some swirl in the color.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a test poke comes out clean.
- For my frosting I started out with 1 cup butter, 2 cups powdered, 1 teaspoon vanilla and then just added a little bit of concentrate and more powder sugar until I liked the flavor and consistency.
- I also added the coloring gel to the frosting…
Enjoy these just as you would their liquid counter part! But a small warning… they are a sweet, sweet treat depending on how you like your frosting, but then again there is never anything wrong with that!
Amy loves exploring the kitchen with new recipes. She has found that working along side children for so many years has really brought out her creative side! When she’s not in the middle of trying to move across the country, she enjoys paper crafts and lots of cooking! You can visit her over at her blog at: Crafts, Cakes, and Cats.