Get ready for some pumpkin bliss on Saturday morning with this Best Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe!
I think a perfect breakfast includes pancakes and eggs, and occasionally bacon. 😛 But with Fall here and apple season in full swing, I had to cook up something special for breakfast Sunday morning. I needed to create the Best Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe ever!
Drawing inspiration from my Pumpkin Apple Spice Yankee Candle, I whipped up some of the most Heavenly homemade pancakes I’ve ever had. I mean both my husband and I thought they would be good, but we had no idea they’d be that amazing!!!
Not only are these pumpkin pancakes wonderfully delicious, they are pretty darn easy to make, and super filling. So a pancake or two per person will do ya just fine, which means this recipe will feed the whole family! Imagine fluffy spiced pumpkin pancakes melting in your mouth.
Topped with fresh crisp apples that have been seasoned with cinnamon and sugar, a touch of cloves, and warmed with a dab of butter. Oh yeah! This is the life you’ve always dreamed of! Or at least, one that I’ve dreamed of. 🙂 30 Minutes, and you too can be eating your very own Pumpkin Pancakes with Spiced Apples.
- 25 Easy Pumpkin Recipes to Make This Fall!
Best Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
- 1½ Cup Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Cloves
- ½ tsp. Allspice
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Milk
- 3 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 4 Medium Apples Peeled, Cored, Small Chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 Small Lemon Juiced (about ¼ Cup)
- 1 Tbs Butter, Melted
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Cloves
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbs Flour
- ½ Cup Water
- Start by prepping your Apples. Peel and dice into 1″ cubes, and drizzle each apple after cubing with about 1 Tbs. lemon juice. Using about ¼ cup of lemon juice for all 4 apples.
- Melt 1 Tbs. butter in the microwave, whisk 1 Tbs. flour into the butter and throw in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Toss in your apples.
- Coat apples in ½ tsp. Cinnamon, ¼ tsp. Cloves, ¼ tsp. Cloves, and ½ cup Brown Sugar, and toss thoroughly allowing the butter and flour to melt and combine with the spices and sugar evenly over the apples. Add the ½ cup of water, stir, and cover. Allow to slowly simmer and cook while you prepare and bake your pancakes, stir occasionally. (cook about 20 minutes)
- For your pancakes add Buttermilk Pancake Mix, 1 tsp. Cinnamon, ½ tsp. Cloves, ½ tsp. Allspice, Egg, and Pumpkin Puree and stir until just incorporated. Then add your 3 tbsp. melted butter, stir, and let the batter sit for a couple minutes while you heat your griddle to about 350 or pan to medium heat.
- Use a small dab of butter to coat your cooking surface. Then give your pancake batter a quick stir and ladle about ¼ cup of batter into a circle on your cook top. Allow to cook until the edges begin to be lightly brown (note* you may not see your typical bubbles because this is a thicker batter). Flip pancake and allow to cook for a couple more minutes. I cooked each 4″ pancake for approx 5 minutes because it is a thicker batter and you don’t want it to be doughy in the middle. Try testing 1 pancake first to get the appropriate cook time.
- Once your pancakes are done top with apples and enjoy!
cookinfood.com is a blog created by the Brady Girls – a mother, daughter, and sister team full of passion for food, and cookin’ up great times together! It all started with thousands of recipes from our Gradma Brady that inspired us to share our family traditions, and new creations with all of you. We hope you’ll stop by cookinfood.com and share in Cookin’ up Good Times! You can follow Cookin’ Food on Facebook and Pinterest!
25 Easy Pumpkin Recipes to Make This Fall!
Grocery Money Saving Tips: