Peppermint Crunch Dark Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies Recipe!

Peppermint Crunch Dark Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies Recipe from TheFrugalGirls.com

Whether you’re getting read for your big Christmas celebration, heading to a Cookie Exchange, or just craving the most delicious cookie EVER… I present to you: Peppermint Crunch Dark Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies!!  {oh YUM!} 😉

Peppermint Crunch Dark Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies Recipe!
Author:

Ingredients
  • 1 box Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate Cake Mix {15.25 oz.}
  • 1 bag Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips {10 oz.}
  • ½ cup Canola or Vegetable Oil
  • 2 eggs
Instructions
  1. Combine cake mix, eggs, and oil in large mixing bowl, and beat well.
  2. Stir in Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
  3. Chill dough in refrigerator for 20 minutes
  4. Drop onto ungreased non-stick cookie sheet in rounded balls.
  5. Bake for approx. 8 – 9 minutes {or until done} at 350 degrees.
  6. ENJOY!!

Cookie Sheets on SalePeppermint Crunch Dark Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies Recipe - from TheFrugalGirls.comPin It Buttons

Yum

Peppermint Crunch Dark Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies Recipe - at TheFrugalGirls.comPin It Buttons

This also make the cutest Cookie Mix Gift in a Jar!

Peppermint Crunch Dark Chocolate Cookie Mix in a Jar!

Peppermint Crunch Dark Chocolate Cookie Mix

Heading to a Cookie Exchange this holiday season?

Be sure to check out this BIG List of Cookie Exchange Recipes!

Big List of Cookie Exchange Recipes from TheFrugalGirls.comThanks for supporting The Frugal Girls!

Christmas Gift Ideas at TheFrugalGirls.com

Frugal Girls Email Updates

The Frugal Girls on Pinterest

The Frugal Girls on Instagram

Comments

1. Ginny Jackson says

The Peppermint Chocolate cake mix cookies look awesome and easy. How many cookies does the above recipe yield?

• Heidi says

Thanks, Ginny… they are so easy and SO yummy! The recipe makes approximately 2 dozen, give or take. Hope that helps! 😉

• Jennifer says

At my Kroger they have the peppermint chips on the holiday baking display or on an end cap. Hope this helps. I’m in Georgia and Kroger, Publix and Wal-Mart usually carry them.

2. Quinn says

Hi Heidi,
    Not sure you’ll get this, as your post is almost from a year ago. I looked in two places and the closest I could get to dark chocolate cake mix was Betty Crocker Super Moist Devil’s Food Cake. It calls for water though, and I noticed your recipe doesn’t. Are you supposed to leave the water out? It also calls for 3 eggs rather than 2.

• Heidi says

Hi Quinn… yes ~ you can substitute the Betty Crocker Devil’s Food Cake Mix. Just ignore the instructions on the box of cake mix, and use just the dry cake mix + follow the cookie instructions here, and they should turn out just fine. Hope that helps! 😉

3. says

By the way, I substituted Andes Peppermint Crunch thin mints that I tossed in the food processor for a few seconds and it worked out just fine.

4. Darlene says

My cookie dough was very greasy from the oil and didn’t want to hold together in balls. Do you think maybe if I used a little less oil, like maybe 1/3 cup and water if needed would help?

• Heidi says

Hi Darlene ~ hmm… did you try chilling the dough in the refrigerator first? If it doesn’t want to hold together, it may just need to be chilled longer first. I haven’t tried less oil and adding water, but if you do… let me know how it turns out! 😉

5. Gloria says

Made these with a sugar free cake mix and and sugar free starlight mint candies (crushed). Wonderful. My diabetic friends REALLY appreciated them.