Homemade Jasmine Bath Salts

How to Make Bath Salts

Nothing beats a relaxing bath at the end of a long week… and don’t forget the candles!

These Homemade Jasmine Bath Salts are the perfect addition to your blissful escape… and they also make a fabulous Gift in a Jar, too!

What You’ll Need…

• 1 Cup Epsom Salt
  • 1 tbsp. Baking Soda
  • 3 drops Jasmine Essential Oil ~ or add a few extra drops for a stronger scent.  {I used this one from Vitamin World, or you can find it on Amazon!}
  • Mason Jar {8 oz.}
  • Optional: 1 – 2 drops of  Food Coloring {to slightly tint the bath salts} ~ I used just 1 drop of red, to give the bath salts a slight hint of pink tint… you could skip this step, or even use 2 drops for a darker tint.
  • Ribbon or Twine

Homemade Bath SaltsPin It Buttons

• Mix together Epsom Salt, Baking Soda, Essential Oil Drops, and optional Food Coloring.  Stir well.
  • Transfer to jar, and tie a bow with a pretty ribbon or some twine.
  • This is so quick to put together, and makes a fabulous homemade gift!
  • If pampering yourself… add approx. 1/2 cup of bath salts to your bath.  Relax and ENJOY!!

Get inspired with more fun Gifts in a Jar!  Thanks for supporting The Frugal Girls!

Gifts in a Jar at TheFrugalGirls.com

8 Responses to Homemade Jasmine Bath Salts

1. sue p says:

Thank you for the recipe I am making bath salts etc. for Christmas gift baskets.

2. Caitlyn says:

Thank you for posting this. I have been thinking of making my own bath salts recently. How much would you suggest to put in to a bath?

3. Jane says:

Thank you for the recipes! I’m making the bath salts. I did go to the place you recommened for the oils, however I did not find Jasmine, but I did find Lavender.

4. Tricia Stanley says:

I love this receipe. Just a quick question, would the food coloring come off in the bath?
    Thanks

• Heidi says:

Hi Tricia… the food coloring is so minimal it doesn’t affect the bath. You can just skip that step if you’d prefer. They smell just as yummy when left white! ;)

5. Anne Thompson says:

Where do you get the essential oils? My grandaughter loves these types of gifts.