Easy At-Home Facials and Mask Recipe!

Easy At Home Facials and Masks from TheFrugalGirls.com

Pampering yourself doesn’t need to be expensive ~ so go on and treat yourself to some good ol’ pampering at home!

Step 1: Remove Your Makeup!

Check out these 26 Creative Makeup Removing Tips!

At Home Makeup Remover

Step 2: At-Home Facial Mask!

• 1/4 cup of oatmeal {ground in a blender or food processor}
  • 1 Tbsp. Milk
  • 1/2 Tbsp. Honey

• Combine all ingredients together, and mix well.
  • Proportions can be altered ~ just mix together until you get a good consistency.
  • Pull back your hair, and apply mask to a clean face.
  • Wash off after 15 – 20 minutes.
  • This mask is great for both toning and tightening!

Step 3: At-Home Eye Treatment!

• Slice a cold cucumber in thin slices.
  • Place one slice on each of your closed eyes ~ lay back, and relax!
  • Not only do cold cucumber slices help reduce redness, dark circles, and puffiness around your eyes… they’re also very soothing, too!

Step 4: Soften those Lips!

Pamper your lips with some Coconut Oil Lip Balm!

Coconut Oil Lip Balm

Give these thrifty little tricks a try… your face {and wallet} will thank you!

Then… check out more fun At-Home Beauty Treatments here…

BIG List of Creative Uses for Coconut Oil!

BIG List of Creative Ways to Use Coconut Oil

12 Ways to Save More $$ on Beauty Treatments!

Ways-to-Save-on-Beauty-Treatments

Vanilla Brown Sugar Hand & Foot Scrub

Vanilla Brown Sugar Body Scrub Recipe from TheFrugalGirls.com

Foot Spa At-Home!

Foot Spa at Home Tips from TheFrugalGirls.com

DIY Coconut-Salt Foot and Body Scrub!

DIY Coconut Salt Foot and Body Scrub

Peppermint Sugar Scrub

Peppermint Sugar Scrub Recipe at TheFrugalGirls.com

Homemade Jasmine Bath Salts

How to Make Bath Salts

DIY Lavender Bath Salts

DIY Lavender Bath Salts at TheFrugalGirls.com

Vanilla Bath Salts

Homemade Vanilla Bath Salts from TheFrugalGirls.com

Peppermint Bath Salts

How to Make Peppermint Bath Salts at TheFrugalGirls.com

A special thanks to my fabulous friend Joli {the owner of a salon in the Seattle area}, and the wonderful Frugal Girls Fans on Facebook for sharing and inspiring these fun & frugal tips!

What are some of your favorite ways to save $$ on beauty treatments?

Leave a comment & share!

12 Responses to Easy At-Home Facials and Mask Recipe!

1. sabrina says:

you can also add coffee grounds to the oatmeal mask! the caffine helps to wake you up and feel more alert! …. also for facials you can make home made blackhead strips with just egg whites and strips of toilet paper… beat up a egg white and apply over nose or forehead place strips of tp over and let sit until compleatly dry and hard, remove strips and wash face with cool water for a more flawless and smooth face!!!

2. Katt says:

i make my own bath bags. i make pouches out of old socks and childrens tights. (cut the toe off of socks and string a ribbon to make a drawstring) then add ebsons salt, oatmeal, a few drops of olive oil, then some lavender oil or a fragrant tea, i like green tea with jasmine blossoms. then just tie bag closed an toss in your bath. for best results squeeze bag. my whole family loves um.

3. Karen says:

Wet a aspirin with a few drops of water and use that as a acne medicine. Or mix it with your reg face scrub for a medicated face cleanser ( do this per use). Aspirin has salicylic acid which is the main ingredient in alot of acne med. Also if you use the honey with the just wet aspirin and make a medicated mask

4. Cynthia says:

This is awesome! My friend is coming over and what a cool way to spend money and play spaaa!! I cantt wait :))))!!! I justtt love frugal girl and its the bestt even for a 13 year old girl ;D

5. lisa truax says:

what is a good way to get rid of foot odor?

6. Sherri Ogden says:

Homemade chemical mask: 5 aspirin and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
    (I use fresh lemons). Mash aspirin in lemon juice, put on face for 5 minutes and rinse, rinse, rinse. Takes off top layer of skin!!! Then if you want to rehydrate use honey and leave on for 15-20 minutes. Your face will be so smooth!!!

7. Linda Logu says:

Before you use a beaten egg white and toilet paper on your black heads, microwave a damp wash clothe and lay on your nose and face to open pores….then apply egg white

8. Cindy says:

Wow, loving all these tips!!…….can’t wait to try them!

9. Ginny Mize says:

For wrinkles take whatever cream you are using and take half a jar and mix it half and half with preperation H and use it night and morning. I have used this with Olay wrinkle cream for years and I have prctically no wrinkles and I am eighty years old. I look twenty years younger so I am told. I was told this was one of the older Hollywood stars secrets to looking young.

• Candi says:

I Googled this and you must use Preparation H made in CANADA. Here is what they said : Preparation H (the hemorrhoid ointment) was prepared with a live yeast cell derivative ( LYCD) called Bio-Dyne at one time in the U.S. It still is in Canada. It helps promote wound healing, thicken skin and reduces wrinkle volume. Today the U.S. version is made with phenylephrine, which is a vasoconstrictor and only temporarily tightens skin. What effect the ointment has on wrinkles depends on which preparation you use.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/16489-use-preparation-h-wrinkles/#ixzz1sEGhFtOI

• Cora says:

I would have never thought to google that. I had heard about using Prep H but never thought about them changing the formulation. Thanks for sharing.
        So then I wondered where you can get the Canadian version without a road trip. I didn’t look too hard but I did find it on Amazon.