Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cupcakes Recipe

Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cupcakes Recipe from TheFrugalGirls.com

Craving cupcakes??  Here’s a delicious Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cupcake Recipe that comes from my Grandma… her name was Gertrude. How sweet is that?!?  We called her Grandma Trudy, and let me tell you… you’re going to love this recipe!

Think chocolate decadence wrapped up in a cupcake!  Mmm…

• 1 box of Chocolate Cake Mix {and oil, eggs, etc. as required to prepare}
  • Cream Cheese ~ one 8 oz. package, softened
  • 1/3 cup Sugar
  • 1 Egg
  • Pinch of Salt
  • Cupcake Holders
  • 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Prepare box of Chocolate Cake Mix per instructions; then set aside.

In separate bowl, mix Cream Cheese, Egg, Sugar, and Salt.  Then add in Chocolate Chips and stir…

Fill cupcake holders 2/3 full with prepared Chocolate Cake Mix.  Then add one heaping teaspoon of Cream Cheese Filling into the center of each…

Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cupcakes Recipe from TheFrugalGirls.comPin It Buttons

Bake 22 – 25 minutes at 350 degrees.  These are delicious when you frost up with some chocolate or cream cheese frosting, too.  YUM!  Enjoy!!

Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Recipe - from TheFrugalGirls.comPin It Post Buttons

BIG List of Christmas Desserts from TheFrugalGirls.com

47 Responses to Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cupcakes Recipe

1. crystalstone says:

I have done something very similar to this but I used cherry chips instead of chocolate chips and then topped with cherry frosting! They are the best cupcakes EVER. I love the cream cheese filling so much. I've baked chocolate cookies and then put the frosting (minus the egg) in between two they are great home made Oreo's! I haven't tried it with all chocolate, that will be next!!! Keep up the great work!!

2. Hoosier Homemade says:

Those look great and I love that the recipe came from your Grandma! Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake Tuesday!
    ~Liz

3. Henrietta says:

Oh yum! My daughter would love these, I think I'll make some for her to take in her lunch! Thanks!

4. The Hawkins says:

If you wanted to make these in a mini muffin pan would it work? Im not a big baker, but thought this would be a nice treat to take to work for everyone

5. Alana Jo says:

YUM!

6. Meghan says:

Wow. I was thinking about making my husband a chocolate chip cheesecake as a surprise before the holiday madness begins, but now I'm going to make these instead. They seem much easier and just as tasty.

7. Heidi @ The Frugal Girls! says:

Hawkins ~ I have honestly never tried making these in the mini-muffin pans. I'm sure it would work, but you'd just need a much smaller amount of the filling.

Enjoy!! :)

8. Kaylen says:

Yum! I'm going to try these next week!!! They look delicious!

9. The Ties that Bind Us says:

ok, now I'm going to have to pause right now and go make these, then continue my WFMW readings! lol.

I'm posting about frugal hand made gift-giving this year on my blog. Stop on by http://www.2008jessetree.blogspot.com

10. Sherry says:

Yummy! I make a cupcake kinda similar and it is super delish!

11. LaVonne says:

This looks very good and easy!Thanks for the recipe and the pictures. Love it! I linked it to my own Frugal Friday post.

12. heartnsoulcooking says:

What a YUMMY!!! cupcake filled with YUMMY!!! cheesecake. Sounds WONDERFUL!!!
    Geri

13. Lisa @ Stop and Smell the Chocolates says:

Nice and easy and yummy (and chocolate!) – I love it! Thanks for linking it up!

14. Jerri says:

How yummy! I wish I had a couple of these right now. I'm definitely bookmarking this!

Hope to see you December 14-18 for the Holly Bloggy Christmas Bash! We'll have events all week, including a recipe linky on Thursday, Dec. 17. And we'll have prizes too! Check out my blog for more details!

15. Sandra says:

I am definately trying this one!

16. Amy @ Finer Things says:

Those look divine. What a fun treat for the whole family.

17. Melissa says:

Just wanted to let you know that my daughter (13) and her friends made these at her slumber party and they were a HUGE hit! They had as much fun baking them as they did eating them!!
    The only problem is I ended up eating FOUR of them, they were so good! Haha!
    Thanks for the recipe!
    Melissa

18. Anonymous says:

Oh. how. I. love. these. I have never made them though…this may be the year!

19. Kaley @ Cha-Ching on a Shoestring says:

oops! my 1yo pushed submitted that last comment. it was from ME!

20. Sara says:

I made these in a mini cupcake pan and took them to a Christmas party – they were fantastic – it took about 11 min to bake them in the mini pan.