Watermelon Sherbet Smoothies
What do you do with leftover watermelon from the 4th of July? Make a super yummy watermelon smoothie!
What you’ll need…
- 3 cups fresh watermelon cubes
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 cup watermelon, raspberry or lime sherbet
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet or white chocolate chips
How to make it
- About 10 minutes before you’re ready to mix the smoothies, place four tall glasses in the freezer to frost. Then wash the whole melon as you would other fruits and vegetables, and cut it into quarters. (The number of quarters you’ll need to yield 3 cups of cubes will depend on the size of the melon.)
- Slice each quarter you plan to use lengthwise into three wedges, then slice the flesh away from the rind. Use a fork to scrape away the seeds and chop the melon into cubes.
- Combine the crushed ice, watermelon cubes, lime juice and watermelon, raspberry, or lime sherbert, and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the frosted glasses and top each one with a half dozen or so miniature chocolate chips. Serves 4.
Thanks to Disney’s Spoonful.com for sharing this fabulous recipe with The Frugal Girls… we hope you like it!! Check out more fun recipes, crafts, and diy projects at Spoonful.com.