DIY Coconut Salt Foot and Body Scrub!

DIY Coconut Salt Foot and Body Scrub

Following is a fun Gift in a Jar Idea and guest post by Nicole at Wonky Wonderful… enjoy!!

Hi There! Today I am sharing my favorite type of project . . . Quick, Simple and Inexpensive. This Coconut-Salt Foot/Body scrub is absolutely luxurious and is the perfect homemade gift. Or, feel free to make this for yourself. After all, you deserve to be pampered too!

The great thing about making your own foot and body scrub is that you control the ingredients.  You can choose to make a salt or sugar scrub.  Use coconut or olive oil and whatever fragrance you like.

Just mix course salt (or sugar) with the oil at a 2:1 ratio.  For example, I mixed 1 cup salt with 1/4 cup coconut oil and 1/4 cup vitamin E oil.  If you are only using one type of oil, mix 1/2 cup oil with 1 cup salt.  Then add 3-4 drops of fragrant essential oil and stir it up.

*Note: Coconut Oil does become solid when it is cold (the scrub is still effective).  Heat the jar in warm water to return the coconut oil to liquid form.

Put the scrub into a jar and gussy it up with ribbon and a label.  That’s it, you now have a lovely homemade gift for friends and family!

Store bought scrubs can cost ten to twenty dollars or more.  Depending on the ingredients you choose, this scrub ends up costing approximately two to three bucks!  Doesn’t get much more Frugal than that.

Have A Beautiful Day!

WonkyWonderful is written by Nicole, California girl and mother to a three year old daughter.  She enjoys experimenting in the kitchen, crafting with the kiddo, creating crochet patterns and making natural products.  She blogs about her cooking, crafting, diy and crochet adventures.

You can join her Wonky Wonderful World here:

WonkyWonderful.com
Facebook

Pinterest

Twitter

15 Responses to DIY Coconut Salt Foot and Body Scrub!

1. Love this idea! Yep I do!! Thank you for sharing lady!

2. Nicole says:

Thanks again Heidi for having me over today! Have a lovely day :)

3. Jeanne says:

or is it epsom salts?

4. Nicole says:

For all the questions regarding the salt: I use Coarse Sea Salt that can be found in the salt/spice section of the grocery store. I bought the Morton brand coarse sea salt for under 2 bucks. Hope that helps :)

5. Stella Barr says:

where do you get your jars?

6. Dianne Buckman says:

Salt is a zillion times better for you than sugar…Sea salt is a natural detoxifier, as the salt absorbs the toxins from the skin

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/156225-benefits-of-sea-salt-for-the-skin/#ixzz2FCNgM148

7. Lea says:

Love this idea! My cousin has been hinting that she would love something like this and with only a few days until Christmas with even fewer dollars in the bank, I think it’s the perfect gift! Question: Where did you find the little spoons?? They are too cute! Also, how much did the jars cost?

8. Geke Williams says:

Found this on Pinterest and am going to make it as party favors this weekend. #Excited!

9. Alayna Gonzalez says:

Does anyone know what the shelflife is of these? How far in advance can I start making for the Christmas season?

• Melissa says:

Provided after mixing and using this you don’t plan to eat it it should have an exceptionally long shelf life! Salt and coconut oil store well for years without any problems so unless you are making a gallon for yourself you should have no trouble using up a batch of this in time!
      I hope that helps you!

10. marylee says:

I would love to have a printable recipe for many of these jar ideas, both in baking and personal pampering. We do a shopping/gift program with a PALS group at a high school where students make and sell items to parents and staff for Christmas. We start putting things together in two weeks.

11. Meaghan says:

What kind of salt would you use like Epsom salt sea salt table salt our what?

12. Chanell says:

I use old measuring spoons.

13. Rosie says:

Can I find the essential oil at Walmart? And the vitamin oil? If so what alie would that be in? I looked and look no luck:(