Following is a delicious Cookie Recipe and guest
post by Pamela at Pamela’s Heavenly Treats… enjoy!!
I started making healthy cupcakes and cookies for my family and town, and they are the rave of the town! Last week I made a new cookie… I call it Vanilla Whole Wheat Sugar Cookies Recipe, but it tastes more like cinnamon spice, with a hint of orange cookie!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp. fat free milk
- 1 tbsp. grated orange peel
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 cups 100% whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl combine the first 6 ingredients until blended well.
- In another bowl combine the next 5 ingredient (sift).
- Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, until blended completely.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; then roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place parchment paper on cookie sheets, and place cookie balls 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly.
- Bake 8 – 10 minutes, until light golden brown. (cookies will be soft in center). ENJOY!!
Pamela blogs over at Pamela’s Heavenly Treats, and is the mama to 6 kiddies, that she wants to see eat healthy. She started making healthy cupcakes and cookies for her family and town, and it is the rave of the neighborhood. She loves to spend time with her family, have her quiet time (when she can get it) and listen to praise and worship music.
Check out these Skinny Dessert Recipes!