How to Make 3-D Photo Valentine’s Day Cards!

I’ve got an absolutely 110% adorable 3-D Photo Valentine’s Day Card idea to share with you!!

Frugal friends Brooke and Seasyn {who just so happen to be sisters}, shared these photos with me of the adorable Valentine’s Day cards they made!

In this first card… you can see how the original shot was taken with balloons.  To create a 3-D effect, the balloons were simply covered with a chocolate candy heart that was glued on ~ how cute is that?!?

In this second example, I love the depth and reaching effect… and just want to reach back out and grab those lollipops!

Here’s what you’ll do:

• Simply have your kiddo {or other willing subject} stick their arm out in a fist.
  • Make the fist and hand your focus point of the picture
  • Have your photos printed with a photo deal {these were printed 2×3 size}.
  • Use an Xacto knife to cut a small slit at the top and bottom of the hand
  • Insert your lollipop {these pretty, swirly heart ones came from Wal-Mart}
  • There you have it… easy and so seriously CUTE!

Thanks to frugal friends Brooke & Seasyn for sharing these fun ideas!!

More Valentine’s Day Freebies, Deals & Crafts!

14 Responses to How to Make 3-D Photo Valentine’s Day Cards!

1. Stacy says:

These are too cute!!! Thanks for sharing!

2. Jules says:

Very cute! I love, love this idea! Thanks for sharing!!! :o)

3. Alicia says:

I totally love this idea.

4. Cheryl says:

Thank you! I was trying to come up with something new to do as Valentine’s Cards from my students to their parents, but my poor cold-infested brain wasn’t coming up with anything! I am totally doing this now!

5. Brooke says:

I’m so glad others are finding this as fun as *I* did! My daughter had fun posing for this card and her preschool teacher still has it displayed in her office! :)

6. Molly Green says:

What a cute idea! I love it!

7. Pure genius! I skipped holiday cards this year because I had just gotten out of the hospital, so now I can do adorable V-day cards instead. Now the trick is to get my 3 kids to hold their fists together so I don’t have to insert 3 lollipops per card.

• Jill says:

You can have all 3 kids hold a white pipe or stick of some sort, a PVC pipe or broom handle would be great. Use this as the stick for the lollipop and cut above the highest hand and below the lowest hand and insert the lollipop.

8. These are the cutest valentines I ever saw. Thanks for sharing such a creative, fun , and cute idea. Frugal girls has given me alot of great ideas, coupons, and freebies, I love it! Thanks again for such a great website!

9. Stacy Fox says:

Very awesome idea…

10. Leslie says:

Which site were these pics ordered on? I can’t seem to find one that will add the cute text at the bottom…

11. Heather says:

Do you happen to know what the cute heart font is called or where I could download it? Thank you.