Foot Spa at Home! {tips for the ultimate treat-for-your-feet!}

Foot Spa at Home Tips from TheFrugalGirls.com

Pampering yourself doesn’t need to be expensive ~ so go on and treat yourself to an at-home Ultimate Treat for your Feet!

Take some time to pamper yourself, have some fun bonding time with your mom or daughter, or make it an at-home spa party with friends ~ a Girls Night In! ;)

Step 1: Scrub your Feet!

Peppermint Sugar Scrub

Peppermint Sugar Scrub Recipe at TheFrugalGirls.com

Coconut Salt Foot & Body Scrub Recipe

DIY Coconut Salt Foot and Body Scrub

Step 2: Soak your Feet!

DIY Foot Spa

• Grab a basin and fill it with really cozy warm water.
  • Add in 1/2 cup of Peppermint Bath Salts, Jasmine Bath Salts, or Vanilla Bath Salts!
  • Optional: Add marbles to the bottom of the basin to roll your feet along as a little massage ~ aaaaahhhhh
  • Optional: Add some pretty rose petals from your garden to float in the water!
  • Who wouldn’t want to soak their feet in this?!?  This foot soak is a great stress reliever, and will soften those feet up even more!

Jasmine Bath Salts

Homemade Jasmine Bath Salts

Vanilla Bath Salts

Homemade Vanilla Bath Salts from TheFrugalGirls.com

Peppermint Bath Salts

Peppermint Bath Salts

Step 3: Care for your Cuticles!

You’ll love this simple Coconut Oil Cuticle Cream to use when caring for those cuticles!

Coconut Oil Cuticle Cream

Step 4: Paint those Piggies!

At home pedicures are the perfect way to pretty up those cute little toes!

Check out this BIG List of Nail Art Deals to save $$ on all the supplies you’ll need!

Big List of Nail Art Deals at TheFrugalGirls.com

Step 5: Moisturize and Trap the Softness with Socks!

• After you dry your feet off… liberally apply moisturizer to your feet, then put on your favorite pair of fluffy socks.
  • This is great to do before you head to bed!  When you take your socks off in the morning… you’ll have brand new smooooooth feet!
  • As one reader of The Frugal Girls said… “you’ll have feet that no longer need to stay on your side of the bed!”  ;)

Be sure to also check out these Thrifty At-Home Facials and Mask Recipes!

A special thanks to my fabulous friend Joli {the owner of a salon in the Seattle area}, and the wonderful Frugal Girls Friends on Facebook for sharing and inspiring these fun tips and tricks!

What are some of your favorite ways to treat your feet at home??

Leave a comment & share!

Pamper Yourself Gifts in a Jar Ideas

17 Responses to Foot Spa at Home! {tips for the ultimate treat-for-your-feet!}

1. Crystal says:

Great tips! My roommate and I often do at-home-spa days very similar to the tip you mentioned!

2. Stephanie says:

Lotion before bedtime!

3. Dina says:

A really cheap and effective way to soften rough feet is to liberally apply vaseline to your feet before bed. Then put on a pair of cotton socks. In the shower pumice off the dead skin. tada! soft feet with minimal work:)

4. Rett says:

I have also used a Wal-mart brand (Equate) deep moisturizer that is less than $4. It is great!! Follow the same steps above only you don’t have to mix Olive Oil and salt. Smooth feet in the morning! But if you have Olive Oil and salt available – this is a cheaper route because you don’t have to buy anything. :)

5. Heather says:

Flower petals are a great idea! I like to use Johnsons Foot Soak (walgreens around $3 for several packets), i only use a 1/2 packet per foot soak, a few drops of peppermint oil for tingly rejuvination on tired, hurting feet, or few drops of lavendar for calming before bed. And of course, i always light a candle for extra relaxation!

6. Ashley says:

I love dollar stores, but I never thought to look for at-home spa stuff there… I’ll have to have a Moms’ Night In sometime soon! Thanks for sharing!

7. My absolute favorite way to pamper my feet is for my wonderful son to give me a foot massage! :)

8. Sherry says:

Oh, how my feet need this especially for upcoming sandal season! :D

9. maria says:

to continue the flower petal idea frugally……I go to the florists and ask the old flowers ( mostly roses)…….most of the time they just give them to me….or charge VERY little for the bunch…..I either soak in the bathtub of petals or soak my feet.

10. Jessica says:

Another fun thing to do that you can use over and over is to use fake flower petals. It still makes the water look pretty but when you are done you can just lay them out on a towel and let them dry and then store them in your Dollar Store tote until next time and tah dah you always have pretty water to soak your tired tootsies in!

11. Heather says:

Ive found that Johnsons Foot Soak packets are the best when it comes to making my feet soft! I always add peppermint, eucalyptus, tea trea oil, and lavendar essential oils. The peppermint and eucalyptus invigorate the feet, while the tea trea disinfects, and the lavender mixes nicely with the peppermint!

12. Mindy says:

Adding baby oil to this soak helps too! Also if u r using a stone to scrub ur feet, make sure to get a foot file as well. Some stones can leave behind some rough patches, the file will help catch catch those! Make ur own hot towels: soak and wring out a few hand towels, fold in half length wise and roll them up. Grab your slow cooker/crock pot, if it does not come with a rack use a vegetable steamer, add a little water to the bottom. Place ur towels on top of the rack n replace the lid. Set the heat on low. Be careful when removing the towels n make sure they r not too hot for ur skin!

13. Mindy says:

Oh also i found a pedicure spa at walmart for $5! What a great buy this has been!

14. Lorraine says:

I found the best way I’ve found is to soak in the tub and them use your nails to scrape it off.Can use on any part of the body and adjust pressure… it’s free! Use towel when drying to remove more and especially on your cuticles to push them back. Completes a whole mani/pedi and removes all dead skin cells. I then use Hempz Body lotion which is not cheap but is Vegan and I’m worth it ; ) Plus, I save on all the other stuff and never worry about bacteria in a loofah/stone etc…

15. Carol says:

Putting vaseline on your feet . Is like pouring motor oil on them. It is a petroleum based product. Why clog the pores all back up and put those toxins back in your body. Make your own moisturizer.

16. Tasha says:

If you are making the above scrub as a gift for a diabetic friend, make sure you use the salt suggested, not the sugar. As a massage therapy student, I remember a teacher telling us a story about giving a “salt glow” with sugar once. He found out the patient was a diabetic when her blood sugar levels jumped through the roof! I may have to make this scrub for my Mom for her stocking–with the salt–since she is a diabetic! Thanks for posting such great ideas!

17. Laura says:

If your feet are in really bad shape, after the scrub, use Crisco, and wrap them in Saran Wrap. Your feet will look, and feel like children feet.