Following is a guest post by Megan at The Pink Flour… enjoy!!
I’m so excited to be guest blogging today on The Frugal Girls. I have been a huge fan of Heidi’s site for a few years now, so I was thrilled when she asked me.
My husband and I have fun creating new drinks and cocktails, so I thought I would share one that is perfect for summer. If you are a fan of wine and fruit, then this is the drink for you. And I even have a way to make it kid friendly too!
I love Sangria and wanted to put a little spin on it. I think this makes it even more refreshing to sip on in the summer heat.
I used our trusty Vitamix, but any blender would work too.
I like how it’s wasn’t too sweet or heavy – it’s the perfect “Adult” slushie for summer.
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 3/4 cup ice
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp Triple Sec
1. Pour wine in the blender. Top with frozen fruit, ice, lime juice and triple sec.
2. Blend until all ingredients are fully combined and there are no visible ice chunks.
3. Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy!
- For an alcohol free version, you can replace the red wine with cranberry or grape juice
- Try using other types of frozen fruit like cherries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, pineapple, etc.
- You could also use a white wine instead of a red wine if you prefer.