Easy Crockpot Meatballs Recipe! {sweet ‘n tangy}

Easy Crockpot Meatballs

Pin It Post Buttons

Looking for an easy party appetizer?  Or a delicious twist on your meatball sandwiches?

How about making some Easy Crockpot Meatballs!  They’re sweet… and tangy… and oh-so-tasty!

Ingredients:

Crockpots on Sale

Instructions:

1. Combine the cranberry jelly and chili sauce in a bowl, then stir.
  2. Based upon your preferences, you can alter the proportions of cranberry jelly {sweet} and chili sauce {tangy}.
  3. Add frozen meatballs to crockpot, and cover with sauce mixture.
  4. Heat on high for 3 hours, stirring occasionally. Let simmer on low.
  5. Enjoy! These get gobbled up so quickly at my house! They’re sweet… and tangy… and super-easy to make!

Easy Crockpot Meatballs Recipe at TheFrugalGirls.comPin It Post Buttons

Craving more delicious Appetizer Recipes?  Get inspired below…

Crockpot BBQ Coca-Cola Kielbasa Recipe

Crockpot BBQ Coca-Cola Kielbasa Recipe

Ultimate Crockpot BBQ Ranch Meatballs Recipe

Ultimate Crockpot BBQ Ranch Meatballs Recipe

Meatball Slider

Proverbs 3-5

Thanks for supporting The Frugal Girls!

Frugal Girls Email Updates

The Frugal Girls on Pinterest

The Frugal Girls on Instagram

Comments

• CincyGirl69 says

I make mine with bbq sauce and grape jelly, same proportions. If I’m making it for a dinner party, I add sriracha hot sauce (Thai hot sauce, the kind with the green lid and rooster on front.) They are amazingly good and you can buy bbq sauce in the summer for next to nothing, so these are super-cheap to make!

• Deb says

I just made these for Christmas! Everyone was anxiously awaiting my arrival! I have made them both ways (jelly or cranberry sauce). Cranberry sauce is usually cheaper, so that’s what I’ve been doing lately.

• CincyGirl69 says

I go to Aldi, and the grape jelly is actually cheaper than cranberry jelly unless you stock up on the cranberry sauce/jelly around the holidays for a buck a can. I’ve also used red raspberry jam in this recipe with chicken/turkey meatballs, for ppl who can’t eat red meat. It’s good, either way. I prefer the beef.

1. Jeanne says

If I made the meatballs from scratch do I need to freeze them add them into the crock pot after I’ve already cooked them in the oven? Or do I put them in the crock pot uncooked??
    Thanks!

2. Jan j says

My family taught me to use chili sauce; it is a little more expensive, but it is much better than BBQ sauce, at least for me, beacuse I usually use the cheap bottles of Kraft, which is mostly just corn syrup ( high fructose)

• CincyGirl69 says

Agreed, chili sauce is better than bbq sauce…but last year, I got paid to take bbq sauce using coupons, so to me, it was certainly worth the trade-off! I’ve also used my rendition of Chinese ketchup on these…a mixture of ketchup, oyster sauce (or Hoisin), soy sauce and sriracha sauce for heat…it’s tangy, sweet, hot and just plain addictive. Equal amounts of ketchup and oyster (or Hoisin if you prefer it but oyster sauce is better), a splash of soy sauce and you use as much hot sriracha sauce as you’d like. That’s it. Mix and keep in fridge.

3. Mary says

Hi everyone! I like to share this one with you, grape jelly and cocktail sauce.. Eat them by themselves or serve with rice. Sound weird, but I like mine with corn.

4. sharon says

Use deer meat ground up make meat balls with onion and some seasons of choice bake on a cookie sheet and then add to crockpot.

• Heidi says

Hi Sarah ~ I’d let them defrost a bit first, then add enough to cover the bottom of your crockpot. Hope that helps! 😉

5. Angie says

I like mine this way…yummy!
    meatballs(3 lbs), 8 oz tomato sauce, 1 can saurkraut, 1 jar chili sauce, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1 can cranberries. I usually add 2 cans tomato sauce

6. Cookie Gonzalez says

I have always made these meatballs with Bar-B-Que sauce,
    but your recipe sounds really good, and different.
    Will try them very soon!