Easy Crockpot Meatballs Recipe! {sweet ‘n tangy}

Easy Crockpot Meatballs

Pin It Post Buttons

Looking for an easy party appetizer?  Or a delicious twist on your meatball sandwiches?

How about making some Easy Crockpot Meatballs!  They’re sweet… and tangy… and oh-so-tasty!

1. Combine the cranberry jelly and chili sauce in a bowl, then stir.
  2. Based upon your preferences, you can alter the proportions of cranberry jelly {sweet} and chili sauce {tangy}.
  3. Add frozen meatballs to crockpot, and cover with sauce mixture.
  4. Heat on high for 3 hours, stirring occasionally. Let simmer on low.
  5. Enjoy! These get gobbled up so quickly at my house! They’re sweet… and tangy… and super-easy to make!

Easy Crockpot Meatballs Recipe at TheFrugalGirls.comPin It Post Buttons

Join The Frugal Girls on Pinterest, Google+ and BlogLovin’ for more delicious recipes!

Proverbs 3-5

Pinterest Sidebar Button

Meatball Slider

33 Responses to Easy Crockpot Meatballs Recipe! {sweet ‘n tangy}

1. Stephanie Kirk says:

Hummm….sounds so good! Cook for my party please!

2. Cindy F. says:

We make a very similar recipe, but we use grape jelly instead of cranberry sauce. Thanks for sharing!

• CincyGirl69 says:

I make mine with bbq sauce and grape jelly, same proportions. If I’m making it for a dinner party, I add sriracha hot sauce (Thai hot sauce, the kind with the green lid and rooster on front.) They are amazingly good and you can buy bbq sauce in the summer for next to nothing, so these are super-cheap to make!

3. Diana Rose says:

I make mine like Cindy, but I want to try your way or even mixing the grape jelly with the cranberry sauce.

4. angie says:

I know these go fast I am going to try your recipe as I normally use grape jelly and barbq sauce

5. Melissa says:

I haven’t tried this combo. I usually do just the chili sauce or I do the cranberry sauce with sauerkraut. Thanks for the new idea!

6. Olivia says:

Looks yummy! We’re looking forward to game day around here too!

7. Laura says:

I made these for a recent family gathering. They were a HUGE hit and gone in minutes!! Thank you for this yummy recipe!

8. Sara says:

I have an extra can of Cranberry sauce from last year’s Thanksgiving that I need to use up, this would be perfect, thanks!

• Deb says:

I just made these for Christmas! Everyone was anxiously awaiting my arrival! I have made them both ways (jelly or cranberry sauce). Cranberry sauce is usually cheaper, so that’s what I’ve been doing lately.

• CincyGirl69 says:

I go to Aldi, and the grape jelly is actually cheaper than cranberry jelly unless you stock up on the cranberry sauce/jelly around the holidays for a buck a can. I’ve also used red raspberry jam in this recipe with chicken/turkey meatballs, for ppl who can’t eat red meat. It’s good, either way. I prefer the beef.

9. Yvonne says:

I’m making this tonight! Can’t wait!

10. Jeanne says:

If I made the meatballs from scratch do I need to freeze them add them into the crock pot after I’ve already cooked them in the oven? Or do I put them in the crock pot uncooked??
    Thanks!

11. Jan j says:

My family taught me to use chili sauce; it is a little more expensive, but it is much better than BBQ sauce, at least for me, beacuse I usually use the cheap bottles of Kraft, which is mostly just corn syrup ( high fructose)

• CincyGirl69 says:

Agreed, chili sauce is better than bbq sauce…but last year, I got paid to take bbq sauce using coupons, so to me, it was certainly worth the trade-off! I’ve also used my rendition of Chinese ketchup on these…a mixture of ketchup, oyster sauce (or Hoisin), soy sauce and sriracha sauce for heat…it’s tangy, sweet, hot and just plain addictive. Equal amounts of ketchup and oyster (or Hoisin if you prefer it but oyster sauce is better), a splash of soy sauce and you use as much hot sriracha sauce as you’d like. That’s it. Mix and keep in fridge.

12. Patty Kay says:

I have used chili sauce with apple jelly when
    I catered……a real hit!!!!!!

13. Renee says:

Can You buy meatballs already frozen at the store due to time? Really Appreciate your site.:) Thank You!

14. jennifer jones says:

We make these every Christmas eve, gone within an hour! Love them!

15. I have been using this reicpe for YEARS. Everyone always raves about them and can never believe the two indredients!

16. Mary says:

Hi everyone! I like to share this one with you, grape jelly and cocktail sauce.. Eat them by themselves or serve with rice. Sound weird, but I like mine with corn.

17. Jen says:

My mother made this for decades and now I make it. Just had some a few weeks ago. Mmmmmmm

18. sharon says:

Use deer meat ground up make meat balls with onion and some seasons of choice bake on a cookie sheet and then add to crockpot.

19. Sarah Cowan says:

How many meatballs should I use? I purchased frozen ones.