Have some fun with your cake pops when you make this festive Bald Eagle Cake Pops recipe!
Following is a fun 4th of July Treat and guest post
by Brianna at Googly Eyes and Glitter… enjoy!!
In my search for a fun 4th of July treat I came across these amazingly cute Bald Eagle Cake Pops treats on Familyfun.com (which, if you don’t subscribe to that magazine and you have kids, you totally should, it’s a treasure trove of fun ideas every month).
Now, I don’t have anything against marshmallows, but I thought these would be much better incarnated as a cake pop. Here’s how you can replicate these amazing little patriotic birdies!
- 101+ Fun 4th of July Recipes for a Crowd!
Bald Eagle Cake Pops Recipe
Bald Eagle Cake Pops Recipe!
- 16.25 ounce Betty Crocker White Cake Mix
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/4 cups Water
- 12 ounces White Candy Melts
- 16 ounces White Frosting
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
- 24 Whole Cashews
- 48 Mini Chocolate Chips
- 8.5 ounces Fudge Covered Oreos
- To make the cake balls, bake cake mix as directed on box.
- Allow cake to cool.
- Crumble up cooled cake, and mix with container of store bought frosting.
- Form into balls and place in freezer.
- While cake balls are chilling in the freezer, prepare fudge covered Oreos (I used the single layered ones because that’s what I found, also I think they worked easier than the thicker would have for piercing a hole in the middle).
- I used the pointy end of a cake decorating flower platform tool to carefully pierce a whole in the middle of the cookies, none of them cracked so it worked pretty well. A skewer or anything sharp would probably work just fine.
- After Cake Balls have chilled and firmed up, remove from freezer.
- Melt white candy melts according to package (I thinned mine with a little bit of coconut oil)
- Dip stick into candy melt and then insert into cake ball (this adheres the stick to the cake a little better)
- Dip cake into candy and spin excess off.
- Immediately cover with shredded coconut and quickly slide the pierced cookie onto the stick from the bottom so it can adhere to the ball with the candy melt.
- Use a spare stick to press a large indent where you want the beak and then place the fat end of a whole cashew in the indent (you can first dip the end in a little bit of the candy melt if you want better staying power, but I didn’t seem to have a problem with them falling out either way)
- Press in 2 mini chocolate chips for eyes and let dry. Share with friends and enjoy!
You can follow along with Brianna at Googly Eyes and Glitter, and join her on Pinterest, too!
I have even more patriotic recipes and fun desserts that I know you’re gonna love.
So have fun planning your patriotic parties with some of these tasty ideas…
Patriotic Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
Add some fun Red, White and Blue to your Independence Day celebrations with this easy Patriotic Cake Mix Cookies Recipe!
Firecracker Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
Enjoy some yummy fireworks before the real fireworks when you make this fun and festive Firecracker Cake Mix Cookies Recipe!
Cherry Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
With a sweet cherry flavor and rich white chocolate chips wrapped up in every bite, what’s NOT to love?!?
Easy Cherry Cream Cheese Pie Recipe
I’ve got an easy No Bake Cherry Cream Cheese Pie Recipe for you today that serves up rich, creamy decadence… with a cherry on top!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie Recipe
This rich and creamy Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie Recipe serves up homemade strawberry happiness with as little effort as possible!
Fun 4th of July Strawberries
Get ready to have a little fun with your fresh strawberries when you make these easy 3-ingredient 4th of July Strawberries!
4th of July Fruit Kabobs
Enjoy your fruit on a stick with this patriotic 4th of July Fruit Kabobs Recipe!
Easy Cake Truffles Recipe
This easy Cake Truffles Recipes takes only 5 ingredients and creates the perfect treat for any party or celebration!
Cranberry White Chocolate Oatmeal Revolution Cookies Recipe
This soft and chewy Cranberry White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies Recipe is so good! They’ll disappear as fast as you can make them!
8 Best Ever S’Mores Recipes
Craving some Smores? Check out these delicious Camping S’Mores Recipes – so many new ways your S’Mores!
60+ Easy Camping Menu Tips
Make your next camping trip a smashing success with these easy camping menu tips!
101+ Fun 4th of July Recipes for a Crowd!
Planning your patriotic party? Check out this HUGE list of Fun 4th of July Recipes and Party Food Ideas!
99+ Summer Crockpot Recipes
No need to heat up the kitchen! Check out this HUGE List of Summer Crockpot Recipes you can’t live without!
So have you tried this Bald Eagle Cake Pops recipe yet?
Leave a comment and share…
Leave a Reply