Easy Peeps Sunflower Cake!

In addition to the Oh-So-Cute Peeps Cupcakes, here’s another adorable idea ~ a Peeps Sunflower Cake!

Frugal friend Beth made this gorgeous cake, and emailed over these fun pictures!  Don’t you just LOVE it??

• Bake cake of your choice, then frost with chocolate frosting
  • Place Peeps around the rim of the cake, as the petals of the sunflower {use toothpicks to keep in place if necessary} ~ thanks for the tip, Sarah!
  • Top center with chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips, or chocolate sprinkles
  • Then… just place some pretty silk flower leaves around the cake!
  • Easy-peasy… and seriously CUTE!

Great job Beth ~ thanks so much for sharing your photos and this fun idea!!

So-Cute Peeps Cupcakes…

13 Responses to Easy Peeps Sunflower Cake!

1. erica says:

Soooo cute!!! Made a sunflower cake once with twinkies as petals but this is adorable! Will be making this for 2 Easter get togethers! Thanks so much for sharing this!

2. Patti says:

So cute, clever and affordable since all you’re really purchasing beyond “normal purchases” is the peeps!

3. angela says:

You can also make this and use twinkies for the sunflower petals, I think it takes 2 boxes of twinkies and you will need a really large board or something to put it on.. it’s huge. But oh so cute!

4. k says:

I have made this before and used raspberries for the center (not a sunflower, but still cute). You can also use pink, blue or purple peeps and golden raspberries for the center too.

5. I’ve made this before and it IS super easy! I had a problem with the peeps sliding off though, so I would use toothpicks or something to secure them on!

6. deb lalonde says:

Just made this!! So cute!!

7. Sandy says:

So Cute! I think that I will make one for our Easter Dinner. Thanks for the Idea!

8. Angie says:

My daughters bday is right after easter so Im going stock up on clearance easter candy this may be a cute idea to do

9. JO ANN BALDWIN says:

I made this cake for Easter, Loved it.. Had lots of fun making it.

10. Sherry says:

I not only made this before for an Easter cake, but used it for my Daisy troops ‘fly’ up ceremony to Brownies and it was quite the talk :)

11. Donna Lachance says:

So glad I found this! My hubby loves sunflowers and Peeps. This was my favorite type of recipe: high-impact, low-effort. Thanks!