Enjoy some guilt-free Egg McMuffin goodness with this easy Skinny Egg McMuffins Recipe!
Following is a delicious Skinny Egg McMuffins Recipe and
guest post by Carly ~ enjoy!
Raise your (virtual) hand if you’ve ever craved an Egg Mc Muffin. Or maybe a Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Bagel. We’re all culprits… or maybe we’re not being entirely honest here!
I’ll admit it: They’re good. Like really good. Like gimme-gimme-happy-kid good. But they’re not good for you.
I’m semi obsessed with fitness. People who know me will sometimes ask: Then how do you eat things like cupcakes and truffles and nachos without feeling guilty? Well, here’s the secret: it’s all skinny. So I’m not just stuffing my face with butter-and-oil-filled cupcakes; I’m chowing down on 60 Calorie Cupcakes (Note for you: You can make cupcakes with Sparkling Water! You’re welcome) or 100 Calorie Cupcakes. And I’m not just grabbing truffles from my local bakery, either. I’m making 100 Calorie Cake Balls to share with friends and family (sharing is key, my friends!).
And I’m not swinging through the McDonald’s Drive Through for an Egg McMuffin. I’m whipping up a batch of 30 calorie frittatas and using them all week! For a low calorie McMuffin, toast a 100 calorie English Muffin or two pieces of Sara Lee’s “45 Calories and Delicious” bread! Your grand total will be between 123 and 133 calories!
Skinny Egg McMuffins Recipe
- 6 egg whites (or whole eggs, if desired, but remember that most of an egg’s calories, fats, and cholesterol are in the yolk).
- ½ red tomato, de-seeded and diced
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Greek Seasoning (or sea salt, lemon pepper, and garlic salt mixture)
- 2 tbsp Reduced Fat Feta (Basil & Feta seasoned)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT FOR CHEESE and mix well. I dropped it all into a magic bullet and blended for 2 seconds, which did the trick and perfectly.
- Pour into a cupcake pan that has been coated in a light layer of Pam or another non-stick baking spray.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes, or until the fritattas seem solid when the pan is shaken a bit (“giggly” movement suggests they’re not fully cooked!),
- Combine with toast (a 100 calorie english muffin or Sara Lee 45 Calories and Delicious bread, which can be ‘cut’ to size using the top of a glass cup!) and salsa, if desired!
Craving more delicious Healthy Recipes?? Get inspired below…