What you’ll need
- Scrapbook paper
- Pipe Cleaners
How to make it
- For each butterfly, cut two 2 1/2-inch squares from scrapbook paper. Trim the left and right sides of the squares to round them, as shown.
- Accordion-fold each of the squares to create two sets of wings.
- For the butterfly’s body, cut a pipe cleaner in half. Fold one of the halves into a V-shape, as shown, and twist the ends together a few times just above the bend to create an abdomen (it should be about an inch long).
- Sandwich both sets of wings between the pipe cleaner ends above the abdomen, and twist the ends a couple more times to hold them snugly in place.
- Use your fingers to pull the wings open a bit, and then curl the tips of the pipe cleaner to shape antennae.
BIG List of Frugal Fun Ideas for Kids!