Toothpick Marshmallow House Craft = Fun Boredum Buster!

Pin It Post Buttons

On the hunt for a fun, thrifty boredum-buster for the kids??  It’s time for a Marshmallow House Craft!

This idea comes from my friend Kristee, and my boys loooove making their marshmallow houses!

• 1 Bag of Mini Marshmallows
  • 1 Pkg. of Flat-end Toothpicks

Begin by attaching a marshmallow to each end of a toothpick… then let your creativity take over!

Pause… it’s time for a sample break!

Now back to work…

There you have it… it’s a marshmallow-house-igloo-dome-like contraption!

How to Make Bookmarks from Christmas Cards
How to Make Marble Magnets
Homemade Playdough Recipe

10 Responses to Toothpick Marshmallow House Craft = Fun Boredum Buster!

1. Aubrey says:

okay. I love this. THIS is my new fav.

2. Heather says:

What a great idea! My kids would love this!

3. Janet says:

You can also make this educational later during the year use colored marshmallows while teaching the elements of the Scientific Periodic Table and have the do one compoud each.

4. Heidi says:

Great idea, Janet! ;)

5. Laurie says:

I bought this for the kids to do the night of our New Years Eve party – it was a hit! Thanks for posting.

6. Heidi says:

You’re very welcome, Laurie ~ I’m so glad your kiddos enjoyed making marshmallow houses!

7. Casey says:

Excited for this project! My son has the optional school assignment to make a project using 100 of any material of choice for the 100th day of school! We’re going to use 100 marshmellows and 100 toothpicks. His project will go on display for all to see ;)

8. Heidi says:

How fun Casey ~ what a great idea!!

9. Kate says:

When I taught sixth grade, we would do a similar project using toothpicks and Mike & Ikes when we were learning about polygons. It helped the kids to be able to build all the shapes themselves!

10. David Wells says:

When I showed kids this project they went bonkers and wanted to to it right away. Your whole site is loaded with great ideas for kids entertainment. Kids are literally glued to your site.