How Do YOU Save Money at Disneyland or Disneyworld??

Disneyland Disney World Travel TipsPlanning a trip to Disneyland or Disney World… and looking for some tips and tricks to make your day super special??

Be sure to check out these Savvy Disneyland and Disney World Travel Tips before you go!

You see, I haven’ been for several years… so here’s my question for you:

How Do YOU Save Money at Disneyland or Disneyworld??

Leave a comment and share your tips for stretching your dollars at Disney Parks…

62 Responses to How Do YOU Save Money at Disneyland or Disneyworld??

1. Sarah says:

We stayed in the campground, which was fun and had transportation to the parks. We took a suitcase full of food so we wouldn’t have to buy expensive, unhealthy meals and snacks.

2. Linds says:

For Disneyland, we find a hotel with free breakfast and make sure there’s also a fridge and microwave to help us save money on other meals as well.

For Disneyworld, we plan to go during FREE Dining promo- usually only in the fall, but they’ve extended it for the rest of this year and most of 2011!

• Cheri says:

Hi. We’re going toDisneyland soon… What’s the “free dining promo”?
      Thanks!

• Linds says:

The Free Dining is for Walt Disney World. I can get you a free quote if you check out my site- let me know the dates, your party size and anything else you’re looking for! (www.dealstodisney.com)

• Elizabeth Gonzalez says:

Hi there! I am heading to Dineyworld in Orlando and needed info on the Free Dining. There are 12 in our party and will be there from September 28-Oct. 1….Thank you kindly

• Jenn says:

If you go to the Disney World site they have the info on there. If you stay in a Disney hotel in Aug & Sept (I believe) the dining plan is included. There are also grocery stores that will deliver to the hotels

3. pearl says:

do the time share meetings. they feed you and all you have to do is listen to their presentation. it’s a great way to save on meals

4. Gynnette West-Watson says:

I went to the dollar store-they had lots of disney stuff and to the disney store-great deals sometimes-and got lots of cute disney toys all under $5 and put them in a decorated box and each day my kids got to pick a gift for the day. They also each got a large stuffed disney character that I snagged at the disney store for $6 each. They loved it and no one asked to buy lots of stuff at the park!

5. maura says:

We pack up one suitcase with snacks, bowls, cereal, spoons, styrofoam coffee mugs and lids (and coffee/ filters), juice boxes, and eat breakfast in our room in the morning and then we have an empty suitcase at the end of the week for any souvenirs we may want to bring back. We fly southwest so we don’t have the extra bag charge.

6. Jayne says:

We order a case of water from Costco and have it delivered to our hotel room. This saves on buying bottled water at the parks and you can leave it in the mini fridge in your room.

7. Angie says:

you can bring food into Disney now! Pack your lunch and save the HUGE expense and time with buying food there!

8. Meghan says:

We’re headed to Disneyworld in February. I kept my eye on mousesavers.com and we just snagged the free food offer (1 snack, 1 quick-service, 1 sit-down per person per day). That’ll help us :)

9. Amy M. says:

I take all of our own “glow” toys. Glow bracelets at Target are 15/$1. Dollartree had glow wands and swords, perfect for a little tinkerbell or pirate. We also did pin trading this year for the first time. I bought a lot of 100 pins (there are 7 of us) on Ebay for less than $1/pin. Also bought the lanyard of choice online before we went. This occupied the kids(and my husband!) and kept them from the “I wants”. They literaly went into the stores just to look at the workers lanyards! I also took snacks to tide us over in between meals.

10. Becca Dubow says:

The Walmart near Disney, all of them, carry many isles of Disney stuff, t-shirts r 5 bucks not 20! All Authentic Disney stuff and u dont need to travel there with it all! Before the parks open, head to Walmart, make it a “that day” event! Buy everyone a shirt to wear to Disney that day, a hat, and a toy for after or a stuffed Mickey to carry that day!

11. Myra says:

Several restaurants from Disneyworld participate in Restaurants.com. I’m not sure if Disneyland offers the same, but it’s worth checking. Also if you are a AAA member you can get discounts on the rental car, park tickets, hotels, etc. Have fun!

12. Tiff says:

1) If you buy coffee, save your cup, you can get free refills all day long.
    2) Broken or lost balloons (with proof, even if found) can be replaced free with any balloon vendor.
    3) Get drinks at Rancho Del Zocalo (at DisneyLAND) and go back for free refills all day.

13. Kim says:

I always had great memories with my parents at both Disney Parks. We saved money at any amusement park by packing our own lunches… made our own sandwiches, and each of us had a water bottle which we could refill, and my mom had a container of Country Time lemonade powder in her bag to mix in the bottles for drinks!

14. Brooke says:

If you use the dining plan, don’t forget that tip is not usually included with your sit down meal. We went on our honeymoon, and his parents got us the deluxe meal package. We ended up spending an extra $20-30 per day on tips (most of our sit-down meals were around $100 for two).

There is a discount store in downtown Disney that has everything under $10 if you have kids that want something small to bring home.

15. Tonya says:

We eat breakfast in our room (stuff that we brought with us), carry our own snacks and water in to the park, and eat only one big meal per day in the park. This usually saves A LOT of money.

16. Christy says:

Wow – Must have missed the Disney post…How did you earn free tickets?

17. Stacie says:

We went to Disneyland last summer with our two girls (5 & 3 1/2 y/o). We had such fun and really saved lots of money!

First, I went to the Disney store and bought a few special items that I knew my girls would love. With the sales and such it was very inexpensive. I even bought a few little items (for about $1). I then wrapped up the little gifties and gave them to my girls every few hours on our long drive down to Disneyland to break up the trip. Once there we did let the girls pick one reasonably priced souvenir but it is SO hard for the kiddos to walk by all of the stores of the most wonderful Disney items – so we gave them their special souvenir (from sometime on the first day (we did two days at the parks – perfect amount for our family) and they were thrilled!

We also brought the girls fave princess dress up dress so that they could wear it when they met the princesses. SO very worth the wait in line. It was the highlight of their trip!

The cheapest and best thing we did was take lots of colorful cardstock (from my stash of scrapbooking stuff) and sharpie markers. Then we got autographs from all the characters we saw (and they are everywhere) and took photos with them. When we came home we put together a scrapbook with all the photos and autographs! So fun and special and almost free!

One quick thing that we did was write our name & cell phone number on their wrist in sharpie so that if we lost them they could get a hold of us! We didn’t have any problems but I had peace of mind!

As far as food goes we saved lots by bringing our own snacks and lunch food into the park. We brought granola bars, drinks, sandwiches, fruit and veggies and such. It was easy to pack and well worth it! The thing we did pay for was dinner and treats. We found a few reasonably priced dinner places (considering) and so we ate dinner at the park and added some of our fruit and veggies to stretch it! And we bought ice cream treats and lollipops at the park – a fun fairly inexpensive splurge treat!

Hope you have fun!

18. Lisa W says:

You can pack your lunch in. We always take our own meals and snacks. We have annual passes and have never had a problem taking in our food. I know they have lockers at the front where you can store it if you don’t want to carry it around, but I don’t know how much they are. I also, think they have a size limit on coolers, so you’ll need to check that out. Have fun! Oh, how did you get free tickets?

19. Heidi says:

These are fabulous ideas ~ keep them coming!!

Oh, and about the free tickets… at the beginning of the year, Disneyland gave away 1 million free tickets to anyone who did an approved community service project. It was fun to complete the project as a family, and also fun to receive 4 Free Tickets! ;)

• Marlene says:

about the free tickets to disneyworld…how do we sign up for this…my family does alot of community service and I would love to see if anything qualifies us

20. MJ says:

Went in June for the first time ever, and it was magical! We told the girls we’d have one evening when we would souvenir shop — we went at mid-week to the “$10 and under” store and they each got to pick 3 things. After that — stay out of the gift shops! If they’re busy meeting characters and riding rides instead of shopping, they’ll not see anything they want to buy. We took breakfast bars and fruit to eat while we waited for the parks to open. We also carried granola, chex mix, and pb&j sandwiches, plus our own water, so we could eat snacks and lunch while we waited in lines or took a break.