I loved my trip to the Outer Banks and know you’ll love these best Outer Banks Travel Tips!
Check out these creative and fun North Carolina Outer Banks Travel Tips, shared by your frugal friends right here and on The Frugal Girls Facebook page…
Let the beach vacation begin…
- Easy Ways to Earn Free Travel Gift Cards
- 7 Top Survey Sites to Make Money for Your Next Vacation
- Free Gas Gift Cards for Road Trips
Outer Banks Travel Tips
Danita said: “the Dunes.”
Kira said: “There’s the Wright Brothers Memorial. And of course, beach.”
Cathy said: “Love the Outer Banks. Avon, and that area is much slower more relaxed if you want to just ‘be”. Love it down there with the drive on beaches. Duck and Kill Devil Hills areas are more commercialized.”
Dina said: “4 wheel drive the beach!”
Wendy said: “Cape Hatteras Lighthouse.”
Lisa said: “Live here. The lighthouse in Corolla and definitely the wild horses.”
Claudia said: “The Hatteras lighthouse, Bodie Island lighthouse, and the Corolla lighthouse in Duck! Take the ferry somewhere and enjoy!! Oh and go and see the Lost Colony… fantastic! Hatteras and Nags Head are close enough to the Outer Banks to do whatever you want too!”
Evelyn said: “Currituck lighthouse, jeep ride to see wild horses on beach. Drive your 4 wheel on the beach, go down the coasts to Cape Lookout and Hatteras, eat at the Black Pelican featured on Diners and Dives.”
Beth said: “Ducks Donuts, made to order… And all the lighthouses, the Wright Brothers museum… awesome place… We ate at the Black Pelican, it was good.”
And finally… Paula said: “I love calling NC home!”
Outer Banks Packing List:
- Make a list and check it twice with this handy Pack This Notepad of packing checklists!
- Don’t board your plane without these 11 Carry On Must Haves! They’re a lifesaver on long flights!
- Your hair is going to get wild with all that salt, sun, and wind, so take along a Cute Beach Hat to keep under control!
- A Cute New Swimsuit is a must! Take it along on your drives around the island, too… because you never know when you’ll stumble across another gorgeous beach to check out! The water is warm, and so fun to swim in!
- Bring along an Underwater Camera to capture the incredible fish and sea turtles you’ll see when snorkeling!
- Take your phone pictures to the next level with an Attachable Phone Camera Lens!
- Don’t be caught without these 12 Beach Bag Essentials
- Traveling with Baby? We’ve gone when our boys were itty bitty, and they loved it! Just make sure you’ve got this Best Baby Travel Gear before you board the plane!
- Be sure to leave extra room in your suitcase to bring home some souvenirs!
Dreaming of more fun vacations in the Southeast? Check out these fun tips for your vacations below…
Now that you’ve got inspired with these Outer Banks Travel Tips, don’t miss out! Get all the latest fun new Frugal Girls Travel Tips, Recipes, Frugal Living Tips + more right here…
So… have YOU ever been to the Outer Banks before?
What are some of your favorite Outer Banks Travel Tips for places to see, things to do, etc? Leave a comment & share!