Toilet Paper Pumpkins!

Toilet Paper Pumpkins

A few years ago, my little guy made the cutest Fall Craft ~ a Toilet Paper Pumpkin! ;)

We pull this out every year with our Fall Decorations, and it was so simple to make!

Here’s how you can make one of your own…

What you’ll need:

• 22″ x 22″ square of fall patterned cotton fabric
  • 1 Double Roll of Toilet Paper
  • 1 yard thin rope or paper cord
  • Batting 14″ by 14″ square {or paper towels or a plastic grocery bag can be substituted}
  • 1 brown paper grocery bag
  • Tape {hot glue can also be used}
  • 2 silk fall leaves

Lay out the fabric and batting. Place toilet paper roll in the middle.

*If you don’t have batting, you can substitute semi-crumpled up paper towels, or even plastic grocery bags to add texture.

Begin pulling up the fabric and tucking it down into the center of the toilet paper roll.

Once it has all been wrapped up, it will look like this…

Now, you’ll want to take a brown paper bag and cut out a section that is 12″ long by 4.5″ wide.

Roll it up and then tape it.

Take the rope or paper cord and twist around the “stem”. You can tape the ends of the cord, or hot glue it on. It will look like this…

Insert the ‘stem’ down into the middle of the toilet paper roll.

Add the two silk fall leaves, and you’re done!! So simple, and so adorable… for years to come!

On the hunt for more fun Fall Craft and Decor Ideas?  Get inspired below…

I Love You to Pieces Gift in a Jar!

I Love You to Pieces Reeses Pieces Gift in Jar

Fall Mason Jar Candles

Fall Mason Jar Candles!

Give Thanks Banner

Give Thanks Banner!

23 Responses to Toilet Paper Pumpkins!

1. I love this! What a great idea.

2. Tatom says:

Super Cute idea! Fall is my favorite as well.

3. Katie says:

This is a fantastic idea!!!! I love it.

4. Katie says:

What is the brown paper bag for??? I didn’t see it in the instructions anywhere.

5. Heidi says:

Hi Katie ~ the brown paper bag is used for the stem. In the middle of the instructions, it will show how to roll it up and use it. ;)

6. Rhoda says:

Sounds like a pumpkin patch will be sprouting up in my house soon!

7. Hope T says:

This is absolutely adorable! Can’t wait to have another family craft day & make some. Thanks for the idea!

8. Joscelynn says:

What a great idea! I love crafts I can do with my kids, my boys will have fun making these. Fall is my favorite time of year.

9. Leslie says:

I love this idea. You can also cut the TP rolls in half, and make mini-pumpkins.

Also, I use a craft grade cinnamon stick for the stem :) then it smells good too!

10. Faith LaCount says:

Couldn’t you use a real stick for the stem? just a thought! :0)

11. Sandra Griffin says:

Oh, what an adorable idea! I do believe my preschooler and I will make some of these! Thanks!

12. Bonnie Rohrer says:

so so cute, quick, & easy

13. Michelle says:

This pumpkin idea is SO cute! I’m going to do it with my kids!
    Ok, so here’s my new fav decoration: I bought a 25 foot string of Orange Halloween lights ($2.85 at Rite-Aid), and 1.5 feet of 2 kinds of Halloween Fabric (50% off at JoAnn’s). I cut the fabric into strips about 1.5 inches wide x 6-8 inches long. My kids and I tied the strips of fabric onto the string of lights, alternating the 2 fabric patterns and then hung it up for a Halloween Swag. So cute, so fun!

14. cheryl says:

Loved this craft. Especially that you dont have to leave it together when you pack it away. Today I bought fabric at Joannes to make it into a year round theme.

15. Dawn Schrum says:

These are so cute and I love the idea that they can be easily stored each year because you just pull them apart and use the TP. Thank you!

16. great idea! I think I have all these items on hand except the brown paper bag so I’ll substitute an empty toilet paper roll instead. thanks for the cute idea!

17. Nerissa says:

This is so cute especially now with it being October and all! Plus we haven’t gone pumpkin picking yet lol. Awesome project my little one will love it.