These would be fun to take camping, too!
What you’ll need
- Clean 1-liter soda bottle
- Craft knife
- 2 wooden spoons
- small eye screw
- Length of twine for hanging
How to make it
- Start by drawing a 1/2-inch asterisk on the side of a clean 1-liter soda bottle, about 4 inches from the bottom. Rotate the bottle 90 degrees and draw another asterisk
2 inches from the bottom. Draw a 1-inch-wide circle opposite each asterisk, as shown.
- Use a craft knife to slit the asterisk lines and cut out the circles (a parent’s job). Insert a wooden spoon handle first through each hole and then through the opposite asterisk, as shown.
- Remove the bottle cap and twist a small eye screw into the top of it for hanging.
- Finally, fill your feeder with birdseed, recap it, and use a length of twine to hang it from a tree.