DIY Ways to Get Rid of Ants!

DIY Ways to Get Rid of Ants

Got Ants??

Keep them out of your pants… and house… with this BIG List of DIY Ways to Get Rid of Ants!

Get the Tips at TheFrugalGirls.com

Easy Gardening Tips

7 Responses to DIY Ways to Get Rid of Ants!

1. Erin J says:

My aunt swears by Simple Green. She used to have ants all of the time and them started cleaning her kitchen with Simple Green. Since then she hasnt seen an ant since.

2. Tracey S says:

Make a solution out of half rubbing alcohol and half water with about a tablespoon or so of Dawn. Gently shake to mix. Spray on ants. Kills other bugs including black widows. While it is better than many commercial mixtures, I wouldn’t recommend breathing it in as you are spraying. It is easier to clean up than using bug spray. The alcohol will evaporate and the rest is soap and water.

3. Barbara says:

After a flood we had ants so bad that they would be in everything. You could not put a plate on the table without them attacking. So I put a one inch wide strip of cheap instant grits around the foundation of our house. The grits swell when the ants eat it causing them to pop. I have never seen another ant in my house again.

4. Menissa says:

I use borax and grape jelly they take it back to the nest and it kills them. I put about a teaspoon of the mix on a piece of cardboard. It really works and its cheap!

5. Ashley Y says:

Put sugar in your grass, then in your neighbor’s yard a week later, works every time :P

6. Elise says:

I used Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint soap and wiped the ant trail back to its entry point. I stuffed the peppermint leaves in the opening which was the corner where the floor met the wall. It worked. However, I think I will caulk that crack before the next ant season in the Spring.