This fun Cap’n Crunch Macarons Recipe will turn your favorite cereal into an epic French treat!
Following is a guest post by Veronica at CookingMorningNooNight… enjoy!!
Yes you heard me right… No, this is not a test… It’s Peanut Butter Cap’N Crunch Macrons! I sure did take your fancy french cookies and laced it with sugary cereal and it was FANTASTIC! And I absolutely love cereal, so I also love pretending that those grown up bland cereals are good for me when secretly, I eat half the bowl of my sons’. HEY… we wouldn’t want it to go to waste RIGHT!?
Anyways, I’m going to share a little secret with you. This is my VERY first time making macarons! I was so nervous before but when I stumbled upon the fruity pebble macarons featured on The Novice Chef blog I became obsessed! Day and night I would whine to my husband and very best friend:
“All I want to do is make Cap’N Crunch macarons!!”
Needless to say I think they were praying for a sunny day just to shut me up. Finally it came and I was in bliss. Unfortunately, I just have to stare at them because these cookies take a full 24 hours of maturation before they are to be enjoyed… I foresee myself waking up at midnight and eating one. Not 24 hours you say? Well.. I wont tell if you don’t!
Cap’N Crunch Macarons Recipe
Cap'n Crunch Macarons Recipe
- 3/4 cup Almond Meal
- 1/2 cup Captain Crunch Meal**
- 3 Large Egg Whites from older eggs*
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Prep 2 half sheet pans with parchment or silicone baking mats.
- Sift together your almond meal, cereal meal and powdered sugar and set aside. I like to use the large, finer sifters with the long handle and push the flour mixture through.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, or with an electric hand mixer, beat the egg whites on low speed until foamy.
- Begin sprinkling in the meringue powder as you beat.
- Then increase the speed to medium and beat until soft peaks form. Beat to combine.
- When you get to soft peaks (the peaks will curl when the whisk is lifted from the mixture), carefully proceed; you want firm glossy peaks in your meringue, you do not want to beat all the way to stiff peaks (peaks stand up straight when a whisk is lifted from the mixture).
- Some recipes will tell you to add the flour mixture in thirds but I like to add mine all at once. I think it helps to not allow over mixing.
- Then I spooned the mixture into a large zip-lock bag and cut a medium size tip on the bottom. Pipe 1 inch mound onto prepared pans and use a wet fingertip to gently press down mounds to a smooth tip.
- Once your sheet is filled, pick up your sheet and holding level tap firmly on to counter several times.
- Allow the cookies to rest then 30-60 minutes depending on the humidity outside.
- Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes, 1 sheet at a time, then let the cookies cool.
- Then, you can fill your cookies with whatever you like, I used a basic chocolate frosting but the options are endless: Marshmallow fluff, ganache, peanut butter frosting oooh even a Captain Crunch buttercream would be delicious!
I hope you all have an opportunity to make these for yourselves because they are divine!
My name is Veronica, and I blog at CookingMorningNooNight.blogspot.com! I have 2 beautiful boys who are my world, and a supportive husband who motivates me every day! Also, I am a self taught chef and love to be experimental in the kitchen. I love to motivate other people to get in the kitchen and cook for the ones they love!
Now… I’ve got even more tasty dessert ideas I know you’re gonna love.
Have fun exploring these sweet ideas…
Make your own copycat version of frosted Mother’s Cookies with this fun Circus Animal Cookies Recipe! They’re SO good!!
This easy Oreo Pops Recipe is a perfect way to enjoy your favorite Oreo cookie on a stick! They’re always the hit of the party!
Satisfy your cookie monster cravings with these lip-smackin’ delicious Lemon White Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies!
These Strawberry White Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies are the perfect way to get your strawberry fix!
Now these are no ordinary chocolate chip cookies… they’re huge, soft, and ridiculously delicious.
Yummy Fudge Recipes – 7 Tempting Creations!
I’ve always loved all things chocolate, but there’s something over-the-top delicious about homemade fudge! These recipes are yummy beyond compare! When you can start making your own fudge today, you’ll be able to enjoy even more chocolate goodness!
85+ Cake Mix Cookies Recipe – 5 Ingredient Recipes or Less!
Once I learned the basic recipe from a friend, my imagination ran wild with flavor combinations! This HUGE list of Easy Cookie Recipes is sure to satisfy every craving!
5 Ingredient Desserts – 100 Ridiculously Easy Recipes!
These recipes are easy, all of them are delicious. Many even take less than 5 ingredients! Are you ready for one seriously fun list of 5 ingredient dessert recipe fun?
So have you tried this Cap’n Crunch Macarons Recipe yet?
Leave a comment & share!