Make this Stuffed Baked Meatless Burritos Recipe for a seriously yummy Mexican home cooked dinner!
Need some easy-to-make quick burritos this week? These are seriously yummy and a great meal to add to your busy, back-to-school evenings. What do I like best about these burritos? They are frugal and healthy—for a burrito.
What I mean by healthy is there is not a long list of ingredients on these yummies because they are home-made. Don’t you love the feeling of serving your family a home-made meal? I love watching my family enjoy fellowship, love and delicious food. I pair this main dish with a fresh green salad topped with mounds of veggies.
You did read that this was a meatless dish, right? My family eats meat, but it is nice when I can get away with serving a meatless meal. It gives our grocery budget some extra wiggle room as well as lets our body rest from digesting meats. Meat is great, if eaten in reasonable portions. Ok, on to the recipe you all have been waiting for!
Stuffed Baked Meatless Burritos Recipe
- 10 tortillas
- 2 16 oz. cans traditional flavored re-fried beans
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning Mix
- 5 Tablespoons Tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh cilantro, finely minced
- ½ cup- ¾ cup Water
- Onions, black olives, diced tomatoes for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir both cans of re-fried beans together in medium mixing bowl.
- Next, mix tomato paste with taco seasoning and as much water as you want to make a tomato sauce.
- The water will make the consistency, so add more for a thinner tomato sauce, and less for a thicker sauce.
- Now, place burritos on a work service and top with re-fried beans, 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese, 1½ Tablespoons tomato sauce and a dash of fresh cilantro.
- Roll, tuck and place on cookie sheet.
- Repeat for all burritos.
- Then, spoon any left-over tomato sauce on top of burritos and sprinkle with Monterrey Jack Cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and burritos are slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and garnish with your favorite toppings
Craving more delicious Mexican Recipes? Get inspired below…