Crockpot Baked Potatoes Recipe

Crockpot Baked Potatoes from TheFrugalGirls.com

Do you love your crockpot??  You know that I’m wildly in love with mine! ;)

Easy Crockpot Recipes are a lifesaver!!

I’ve got another easy Crockpot Recipe for you… Crockpot Baked Potatoes! Well… it’s hardly a recipe ~ more of a simple ‘I-Can’t-Believe-It’s-So-Easy’ Tip!

• Scrub, Wash, and thoroughly Dry Russett Potatoes
  • Poke Potatoes with a fork several times
  • Wrap ‘em up in Foil
  • Place in Crockpot and cover with Crockpot Lid
  • Rotate and Turn occasionally
  • Cook on High for 4 hours {or low for approx. 8 hours}… larger potatoes will take longer to cook.

Crockpots on Sale

Seriously ~ does it get any easier than this?!?

Don’t forget to top potatoes with your favorite yummy toppings… sour cream, shredded cheese and chopped green onions are a must!  {mmm…}

And don’t forget… you can grow green onions again and again with this trick!

Thanks to frugal friend Lisa for sharing this fabulous crockpot recipe!

Thanks for supporting The Frugal Girls!

Still hungry?  Get inspired with more delicious Potato Recipes below…

Crockpot Cheesy Bacon Hashbrowns

Crockpot Cheesy Bacon Hashbrowns

Crockpot Sweet Potatoes

Crockpot Sweet PotatoesBacon Lover’s Red Potato Salad Recipe

Bacon Lover's Red Potato Salad Recipe from TheFrugalGirls.com

Proverbs 3-5

Find more Fun Inspiration with The Frugal Girls here:

Button - The Frugal Girls on Pinterest
Button - The Frugal Girls on Instagram
Button - The Frugal Girls Email Updates
Button - The Frugal Girls on Facebook
Button - The Frugal Girls on Google+

What are YOUR favorite Baked Potato toppings… the ones you can’t live without??

Leave a comment & share!

Comments

1. Rosiet says

I’ve crockpotted my baked potatoes forever . . . . and so much better than any other method. Only thing I do different than this recipe is a light coating of butter on the skin before wrapping nice and tight in foil. And, stack smaller ones to the inside/middle of the pot . . . for more even cooking of all sizes. All day on low and they come out so light and melt in your mouth. Even the skins are delectable. Won’t cook them any other way . . . .

2. Carolyn says

I never thought of doing this so I am trying it tonight. I am always anxious to try things in the crock pot. My crock pot is very old and I sure hope I win the nice pretty red one!!!

3. Nancy Jo Horton says

My daughter-in-law shared this idea w/me about the baked potatoes and we just loved them. They were delcious and melted in your mouth.

4. Denise says

I tried baked potatoes in the crock pot. Except I sprayed mine with Pam and sprinkled kosher salt on them before wrapping in tin foil. The potatoes turned out awesome! If you haven’t tried this method you’re missing out ann a real time saver!

5. Carlena Biggs says

I was always worried that the crock would burst if it had no liquids in it. Do I need to put ater in the bottom of the crock to keep it from cracking? thanks.

• Anne says

I tried the crock pot cooking and stacked mine as I had 6 large potatoes. I cooked them about 5 hours total and they were perfect(shifted them around about half way through). Love, love them. Thanks for the idea. Next time I plan to try the idea of spraying with Pam and sprinkling with kosher salt. Hard to imagine them being better than the ones I just cooked, but want to give a try with the salt.

6. Susan Payne says

I love doing this in the summer when I don’t like heating up my kitchen or in wintertime when the oven is full baking pies or roasting the turkey!

7. Pat Porter Dunner McGovern says

I usually slice my Sweet Potatoes in half lengthwise before wrapping in aluminum foil to cut down on the time needed to bake. This helps when trying to time with other foods to have everything ready at the same time.

8. Rachel says

this is the only way I will make mine now! SO MUCH better than microwaved and far quicker than doing in the oven. After rinsing mine, I sprinkle with kosher salt too and then wrap up. Even better, cut any leftovers up and use next day for a soup or something since they are already cooked :)

9. says

#Brilliant!! Putting something in my crock pot without water is a little scary, but I’m game to give it a try!! Can’t wait to give it a go!!! My website above is my YouTube channel, definitely going to blog/vlog about this one. I’ll be sure to give a shoutout to TheFrugalGirls.com!! :) I love #Pinterest recipes!! Do you guys have an absolute, hands down favorite “easy” recipe?

(Had to repost this because I hit the button before I was finished…lol #BusyMomma!!)