Crockpot Baked Potatoes

Crockpot Baked Potatoes from TheFrugalGirls.com

Do you love your crockpot??  You know that I’m wildly in love with mine! ;)

Easy Crockpot Recipes are a lifesaver!!

I’ve got another easy Crockpot Recipe for you… Crockpot Baked Potatoes!

Well… it’s hardly a recipe ~ more of a simple ‘I-Can’t-Believe-It’s-So-Easy’ Tip!

• Scrub, Wash, and thoroughly Dry Russett Potatoes
  • Poke Potatoes with a fork several times
  • Wrap ‘em up in Foil
  • Place in Crockpot and cover with Crockpot Lid
  • Rotate and Turn occasionally
  • Cook on High for 4 hours {or low for approx. 8 hours}… larger potatoes will take longer to cook.

Seriously ~ does it get any easier than this?!?

Don’t forget to top potatoes with your favorite yummy toppings… sour cream, shredded cheese and chopped green onions are a must!  {mmm…}

And don’t forget… you can grow green onions again and again with this trick!

Thanks to frugal friend Lisa for sharing this fabulous crockpot recipe!

Still hungry?  Get inspired with this BIG List of Easy Crockpot Recipes!

BIG List of Easy Crockpot Recipes at TheFrugalGirls.com

Proverbs 3-5

Find more Fun Inspiration with The Frugal Girls here:

Button - The Frugal Girls on Pinterest
Button - The Frugal Girls on Instagram
Button - The Frugal Girls Email Updates
Button - The Frugal Girls on Facebook
Button - The Frugal Girls on Google+

What are YOUR favorite Baked Potato toppings… the ones you can’t live without??

Leave a comment & share!

22 Responses to Crockpot Baked Potatoes

1. Dorothy says:

I don’t poke mine, and I don’t put mine in foil and they come out just fine, large ones take a little longer, but I just give mine a little squeeze to see if they are done…

2. Zoe says:

What a fantastic idea! I wish I had thought of it. I can’t wait to try it out!!!!!

3. I tried this not to long ago and the potatoes were cooked fine but you could tell they were from the crockpot–kinda mushy. How did yours turn out fluffy, like when you bake them in the oven? I may have to re-try them! (PS–the recipe I had was similar to this…)
    Thanks!

4. Rosiet says:

I’ve crockpotted my baked potatoes forever . . . . and so much better than any other method. Only thing I do different than this recipe is a light coating of butter on the skin before wrapping nice and tight in foil. And, stack smaller ones to the inside/middle of the pot . . . for more even cooking of all sizes. All day on low and they come out so light and melt in your mouth. Even the skins are delectable. Won’t cook them any other way . . . .

5. Carolyn says:

I never thought of doing this so I am trying it tonight. I am always anxious to try things in the crock pot. My crock pot is very old and I sure hope I win the nice pretty red one!!!

6. Mona says:

I would have never thought of this. They look delish! I will have to try this soon. Thank you for sharing!!

7. Nancy Jo Horton says:

My daughter-in-law shared this idea w/me about the baked potatoes and we just loved them. They were delcious and melted in your mouth.

8. Denise says:

I tried baked potatoes in the crock pot. Except I sprayed mine with Pam and sprinkled kosher salt on them before wrapping in tin foil. The potatoes turned out awesome! If you haven’t tried this method you’re missing out ann a real time saver!

9. Ellen Harbour says:

Can’t wait to try potatoes in the crockpot they sound awesome! my favorite topping is sour cream and fresh chives.

10. Carlena Biggs says:

I was always worried that the crock would burst if it had no liquids in it. Do I need to put ater in the bottom of the crock to keep it from cracking? thanks.

11. melissa says:

Can u stack them? Or do they need to stay flat on bottom?

• Anne says:

I tried the crock pot cooking and stacked mine as I had 6 large potatoes. I cooked them about 5 hours total and they were perfect(shifted them around about half way through). Love, love them. Thanks for the idea. Next time I plan to try the idea of spraying with Pam and sprinkling with kosher salt. Hard to imagine them being better than the ones I just cooked, but want to give a try with the salt.

12. Susan Payne says:

I love doing this in the summer when I don’t like heating up my kitchen or in wintertime when the oven is full baking pies or roasting the turkey!

13. Ann says:

Great crockpot tips. I really appreciate them.

14. carleen says:

Do you put any water in the bottom of crockpot or just dry????

15. Pat Porter Dunner McGovern says:

I usually slice my Sweet Potatoes in half lengthwise before wrapping in aluminum foil to cut down on the time needed to bake. This helps when trying to time with other foods to have everything ready at the same time.

16. Jess JIMENEZ says:

Can’t wait to try looking forward to it !